The Enduro Salopettes are designed to fulfil the needs of the demanding outdoor professional.
When working hard in extreme conditions, you need legwear which will offer all-day comfort, unrestricted movement and protection from cold and wet conditions. The well-tested and functional design, combined with Nikwax Analogy Waterproof fabric, provides optimum comfort, excellent articulation and total weather protection.
The Enduro Salopettes provide excellent freedom of movement, have tough reinforcement patches and the ability to "access all areas", even when using a harness.
Unrestricted movement provided by large stretch panels which run from the waist to below the knee, adjustment cords on the calf and carefully designed panel construction ensure ease of use with harnesses and crampons. Fabric reinforcement in all high abrasion areas; removable foam inserts provide additional knee protection and Dyneema® patches on the ankles protect against crampon wear. Drop seat and 2-way zipped fly allow for comfort stops without removal of the garment or braces, even when wearing a harness.
- The Nikwax Analogy fabric system provides unrivalled waterproof protection and moisture management.
- Articulation and zoned stretch panels allow for unrestricted movement.
- Dyneema® reinforcement patches on ankles and fabric reinforcement in all high wear and high abrasion areas.
- Drop seat and 2-way zipped fly allow comfort stops without removal of the salopettes or braces even when wearing a harness while the broad elastic braces are comfortable when worn under a jacket.
- Large full length two way leg zips allow easy ventilation while a central zip on the bib and waist adjustment provide excellent temperature control.
- Storage from two large zipped chest pockets on the bib.
- Calf adjust cords allow for maximum knee articulation whilst minimising the possibility of "crampon tripping" when in use
- Added protection and insulation provided by removable and replaceable knee pads
In what weather conditions can I use my Enduro Salopettes?
Your Enduro Salopettes have been rigorously tested in the Leeds University Rain Room to resist at least four hours of heavy rain, which is approximately five times the intensity of normal heavy rain in the UK.
The system provides the insulation you require in the worst conditions. However, the huge ventilation options and comfortable fabric will allow the salopettes to be adapted to the variable temperatures and conditions experienced during altitude expedition use.
In warmer conditions, we would recommend using a lighter weight trouser such as the Enduro Trek trousers made from Nikwax® Wind Resistor material
Nikwax Analogy Waterproof fabric is more than just breathable, it is directional.
This means it is capable of moving liquid water away from your body and not just water vapour.
It is essential to avoid a build-up of water in your clothing system when you are working hard, as too much retained moisture will lead to your body rapidly chilling when you stop and rest. In conventional clothing systems, approximately 20% of sweat production is dealt with effectively, leaving the remaining 80% trapped inside. Nikwax Analogy garments are unique, in that they pump out this 80% of liquid water and allow it to drain away; you are left feeling dry and comfortable.
To understand the difference between directionality and breathability, read more here.