Climbing Technology Nuptse Evo Crampon
A classic 12-point crampon that will cover you from winter walking, though mountaineering, to climbing at a respectable level, the Nuptse Evo represents great value for money, says Tom Ripley.
Climbing Technology’s range of winter hardware continues to grow and for winter 2014 they have a crampon in the range to suit just about every requirement - from Lakeland hill walks to Alpine couloirs. All models are made in Climbing Technology’s own factory in Milan and in common with all CT products; they offer great value for money. Check out the highlights below.
The Lycan is designed for alpinism, mountaineering and ice climbing. It’s available as either an automatic version with a rear heel clip and front toe bail (C3) or as a semi automatic which has a rear heel bail and plastic front strap (C2).
- Serrated T shaped front give excellent penetration in hard ice
- Macro setting system covers sizes from EU36 all the way to EU47
- Double lever size adjustment is very easy to use
- Dovetailed anti balling plates included
- Crampon bag included
- Weight: 1030g for the automatic version, 1060g for the semi automatic
- RRP - £140
Suitable for both winter walking and climbing, the Nuptse Evo is Climbing Technology’s do-it-all crampon. At home on the Aonach Eagach in February, on the Gouter Route in July or on a snowy Lakeland fell walk. The Nuptse is a solid, well made, feature rich crampon.
- Classic shaped front points for all round use
- Dovetailed anti balling plates prevent dangerous snow build up
- Big size range: EU 36 to 47
- Very easy to adjust the size
- Crampon bag included
- Automatic version has rear heel clip and front wire bail (C3)
- Semi automatic has heel clip and front plastic strap (C2)
- Classic version has plastic straps at front and rear (C1) and fits all winter footwear from B1 to B3
- RRP Classic - £85.00, Semi Automatic - £95.00, Automatic - £100.00
The Nevis is a classic 10 point crampon for winter hill walking, basic mountaineering and glacier crossings. Simple, well designed and with excellent build quality, the Nevis will give years of reliable service.
- 10 points are aligned and positioned to give good security steep snow.
- Tough plastic heel cradle and toe strap are reliable and easy to use
- Designed to fit a huge range of sizes and shapes of footwear
- C1 rated so will fit any boot B1 rated or above
- Excellent anti balling plates come fitted
- RRP - £70
Ice Traction Crampons
One of the better mini crampons on the market, the Ice Tractions come in 4 sizes and have a top Velcro strap for a really secure fit. Perfect for winter walking at all levels or for those times when you just need a little more grip.
- Perfect for when extra grip is required but full crampons are overkill.
- Zipped storage bag included
- Sizes small – extra large covers UK sizes 3 – 13
- Stainless steel chain and hardened steel points are durable
- Very good value for money!
- RRP - £35.00
A tough crampon bag to protect other gear in a pack from sharp crampon points.
- Tough coated Cordura fabric
- Strong Velcro closure
- Big enough for any style or size of crampon
- RRP - £5.00
|Great range of Climbing Technology crampons, axes and belay solutions in stock and available online.|
See this product at the Joe Brown - Snowdonia shop
See this product at the Ellis Brigham shop