There is a loose flake on pitch 6 of Giant's Crawl near the belay - extreme care is needed.
Dates: 1 March to 30 June
Reason: Nesting Birds
Peregrines have been known to nest on the upper section of B Buttress, above Giants Crawl as well as C Buttress. The last time the birds were known to nest was 2014, but if visiting the crag early in the season please be aware that they could return and report to the BMC if birds are seen nesting.
A distinguished classic that wends its way up the lower section of 'B' Buttress. Start at a wide V-groove just left of the Mountain Rescue box.
1) 4a, 20m. Climb the V-groove then head left across a difficult slab to below a corner. Move up and left to avoid an overhang, then continue to a stance and belay at the base of the large corner.
2) 10m. Traverse right past a large flake then up and around to a wide crack that leads to a cave belay.
3) 9m. Take a short steep crack on the left to a traverse line that leads to the corner and a belay.
4) 12m. Take the chimney on the left to a traverse line that heads left past a flake to a belay below a corner. An exposed pitch.
5) 20m. Climb the flake-crack on the right that leads into the corner. Climb the corner and groove above to the top. © Rockfax
UKC Logbook Description
1. Start just left of the rescue box. Go up the chimney and then traverse left across the polished slab. Continue to traverse and then head up to a belay when the angle eases.
2. Go up and slightly right heading for Abrahams cave. Belay in the cave
3. A long traverse - Go up the crack on the left of the cave then hand traverse across to the left into a corner. Go up the tricky chimney to the left of this and then another hand traverse to the left round a corner to a belay on a ledge
4. Go up to the right of the ledge, up a tricky crack and then easier rocks to the top. Decend down Easy Terrace
Classic Rock , Kendal Wall's Best 100 climbs in Britain , Best Multi-pitch Severe and Hard Severe , Dow's Classic Non-Extremes , Lakeland's Best Multi-pitch Routes up to HVS , The Original 'Classic Rock' List , Nuts of Legends , Steve Ashton's 100 Classic Climbs The Lake District , Mountain Rock , ROCKFAX Lake District: Top 50 , Lakes Classic and Hard Rock Selection , Lake District Classic Rock Challenge , A Lakeland Apprenticeship , Snowdonia and The Lakes Classic Rock Summer Challenge , Turbo-Punter's Tradification , Jug My Pants , ROCKFAX TOP 50s upto e3 , Dewimpification , Lakes ticklist
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents