Krukonogi Picks

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 J Whittaker 04 Jan 2019

Does anyone know if the codes for Krukonogi picks mean anything i.e. PB2(A) or PB0(A)

I cant see any figures relating to pick thickness or tapering in their descriptions and wondering if the codes give it away if you know how to decipher them.

climber34neil 04 Jan 2019
In reply to J Whittaker:

I think they just refer to the axe and type of pick rather than the dimensions , png(a) TC would be petzl Nomic giraffe (aggressive) titanium cheek , or something similar. I believe though  4 mm tapering to 3 mm at the pick is about standard for most picks depending on their intended use

OP J Whittaker 04 Jan 2019
In reply to climber34neil:

If you look at the lineup of the petzl picks though they have 4 ranging from pure ice through to pure dry and two inbetween, one with more ice and one with more dry characteristics.

There are two Krukonogi picks available for the axes i have and i have no idea how they differ.

In reply to J Whittaker:

Have you looked at kuznia szpeju picks, cheaper than the others and much more simple to see the difference, they explain it all on the website and also they are listed as either ice, mixed, comp, sport etc

Thanks. I was aware there was a polish company but didnt know the name.

Bang on. They have exactly what i want and for less than half the price of krukonogi. Shame they're out of stock on lynx front points.

HeMa 04 Jan 2019
In reply to J Whittaker:

I like the polish picks... but they are less durable than krukos (the armor steel kind).

In reply to J Whittaker:

No problem ! 

Misha 05 Jan 2019
In reply to J Whittaker:

I ordered a bunch of Lynx front points a couple of weeks back, they were in stock then. Worth emailing them to check when the stock will get replenished as I suspect it gets topped up fairly regularly.

Not used their picks yet but friends report that they are more durable than the Petzl ones. Have used their front points and they do seem to be more durable than the Petzl ones. Also harder to sharpen as a result!

Can't comment on how this kit compares to Krukonogi but it's good value, the shipping costs are not excessive and there's no customs duty (for now!!!) as it's from the EU. I've heard of someone being charged duty on Krukonogi stuff (presumably through the Royal Mail) - don't know how much, I'd have thought 5-10% plus the hassle of sorting it.

asteclaru 05 Jan 2019
In reply to Misha:

Any imports over £15 from outside the EU would attract 20% VAT + the courier's handling charge (flat fee, around £10 for most couriers as far as I can remember)

HeMa 05 Jan 2019
In reply to J Whittaker:

Oh, just to add...

How to decypher Kruko picks...

The first two letters stand for which tool they are suited for (I think P for Petzl). 3rd letter (if G ad present) stands for the Giraffe picks (i.e. extended reach pick). And the number is for pick angle... 0 for ice and 3 for extreme roof drytooling (or IWC)... lastly the (A) means armorsteel... for really robust and a b*tch to sharpen... prolly made from depleted uranium, crank shaft of a soviet tank or perhaps from the reactor core shielding from a dismantled sub (only jokin').

The cheeks and tapering... don't know or really care... they come after the 2 (Or 3) letters plus number followed by the armorsteel (A) stuff... 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...