Idwal conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 G. Tiger, Esq. 15 Feb 2021

I was supposed to be spending half term in idwal cottage, but for obvious reasons I am not.

So what's it like out there, what am I missing out on /have it already missed. Anyone been up recently?

Do your worst - depress me!

Actually I'd have been the only one there with winter climbing gear so would likely have missed out on it all anyway.

Gte

TobyA 15 Feb 2021
In reply to G. Tiger, Esq.:

If you look on Instagram under #welshwinter or #winterclimbing you'll see what locals have been doing. It's looked great if you could cycle or walk there!

kaiser 15 Feb 2021

Warm and wet today - you're not missing anything trust me

petegunn 15 Feb 2021

I'm afraid you've missed it like the rest (majority) of us, you'll only have to wait another 10 years for it to come into condition again! 😂😂😂

In reply to petegunn:

To be fair I was either going to be playing in snow or doing my ML, so presumably super soggy is ideal ML territory 

petegunn 15 Feb 2021

Haha very true, we had 5 days of rain on mine ⛆

static266 15 Feb 2021
In reply to petegunn:

Conditions were better in late feb/early March 2018 and March 2013. The ice routes above 550m there come into condition more often than you would think. 

veteye 15 Feb 2021

> Actually I'd have been the only one there with winter climbing gear so would likely have missed out on it all anyway.

> Gte

Actually, I've been a couple of times to Idwal on my own, once having misunderstood my friends, and teamed up with other people, for whom I was thankful of the opportunity.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...