'Adra' Film and Speaker Tour

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 emmacrome84 23 Apr 2024

Experience the magic of the award-winning film 'Adra' this week on the Kendal Mountain Festival tour!

Coldhouses’ new documentary ‘Adra’ explores the history, community and culture of traditional climbing in North Wales, featuring interviews with some of the most celebrated climbers in the UK and the locals who call Llanberis home. But this is more than just a climbing film - for anyone who has ever experienced the magic of the Cymru hills, ‘Adra’ (meaning 'home' in Welsh) is a celebration of community, of a sense of belonging that draws people together in a way that only this special corner of the world can. 

Tickets are still available for screenings this week in London and Sheffield:

London - Rio Cinema, 25 April 2024, 8.00 pm

Sheffield - Showroom Cinema, 26th April 2024, 7.00 pm

After the film, there will be a live panel discussion featuring directors and editors Emma Crome and Menna Wakeford, as well as famous faces from the film including Lewis Perrin Williams, Zoe Wood and Johnny Dawes. 

Accessibility Information

Sheffield and London will feature film captions, in additional Sheffield will have an audio description, and a BSL interpreter.

BUY TICKETS

BenSends 26 Apr 2024
In reply to emmacrome84:

Looks great, this has also introduced me to the Welsh punk band Anhrefn too who are brilliant.

myrddinmuse 26 Apr 2024
In reply to BenSends:

My mate's dad used to play in Yr Anrhefn! Legend

ro8x 27 Apr 2024
In reply to emmacrome84:

Brilliant film and very good chat after. Is Jonny Dawes climbings version of Rowley Birkin QC? 

BenSends 28 Apr 2024
In reply to myrddinmuse:

Nice!

PaulJepson 09:55 Mon
In reply to ro8x:

He did seem a little high on his own supply.

Brilliant film; got me excited to go there again this year. The parts with Paul Pritchard were brilliant and the modern climbing was refreshing in that it was just going out and getting on stuff and not focussed on one particularly hard or terrifying project. 

They said it was filmed over 2 heat waves so I'm guessing that was the summer before last and I was there myself over the second one. Fair play climbing Gogarth grippers in 30+ degrees! I remember spending a lot of time in rivers and lakes to cool down from the climbing.

I wonder if any and which crags/climbs didn't make the cut? They seemed to have an ideal mix of venues for North Wales. 

In reply to emmacrome84:

Will there be any chance to see this film in North Wales? Just looked at journey times from North Wales to see a film about North Wales and it looks like a 6 hour round trip.

myrddinmuse 14:48 Mon
In reply to Lloyd Entwistle:

I believe they just had a showing at Y Galeri in Caernarfon.

In reply to Lloyd Entwistle:

Sadly I think you’ve missed the North Wales showings (there was one in Beacon shortly after Kendal Mountain Festival and one at Galeri in Caernarfon a few weeks ago) - but I’m lead to believe that once the film tour is done it’ll be released in some sort of format online 

I’ve been lucky enough to see it twice and gotta say it’s ace - well worth a watch!

In reply to Patrick Surguy:

Thanks. I am very excited to see it. Looks like I missed a showing. I will wait for its general release.

In reply to myrddinmuse:

Bugger. Missed it. I can't wait to see it as the trailer looks great.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...