What's for Dinner?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 balmybaldwin 16 Feb 2020

I've decided to take advantage of this crap weather by getting some wholesome food on the go.

Chicken Beanthread Noodle soup followed by Ginger & Chilli Beef and some wild rice & mushrooms on the side.

Who else is making comfort food and what are you making?

Tom Valentine 16 Feb 2020
In reply to balmybaldwin:

Baked chicken, roast potatoes with M&S seasoning, leeks in white sauce, carrots, broccoli.

girlymonkey 16 Feb 2020

We are on leftovers. There's some haggis, bubble and squeak and a lentil salad.

climber34neil 16 Feb 2020

Chicken casserole in the oven while I'm on the fingerboard and rings!

HansStuttgart 16 Feb 2020

Farfalle carbonara with peas and speck.

MonkeyPuzzle 16 Feb 2020

Pizza Hut. I cannae wait!

coinneach 16 Feb 2020

New potatoes , asparagus, salmon with chilli & garlic 

Rob Parsons 16 Feb 2020

> Who else is making comfort food and what are you making?

Leek, potato and cheese pies.

Pies, baby - always pies.

OP balmybaldwin 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Rob Parsons:

I do like a good pie.

Yum!

Timmd 16 Feb 2020

An organic bean chilli out of  tin, and some brown rice, with added red pepper, broccoli, mushroom and courgette, I bought the tin and red pepper on my way out for a cycle, I decided that's what I'm having because my home is a tip and needs a good tidy up and clean. 

I'll probably add some spices to make it more flavoursome, I raced the oncoming rain and lighting back home, and almost made it back dry, was worth the effort to venture out while the rain held off, my face feels scoured clean by the hail which started things off.

Post edited at 18:46
In reply to girlymonkey:

That's a good selection

Dax H 16 Feb 2020

Roast chicken, roast spuds, peas, carrots, butter beans, Yorkshire puds and gravy made with the meat juices. 

Added bonus, chicken sandwiches for the next day or so. 

In reply to Dax H:

Great choice... only change I'd make is to keep the meat juices for dripping on toast in the morning

Timmd 16 Feb 2020

> Great choice... only change I'd make is to keep the meat juices for dripping on toast in the morning

I'm wishing I'd bought some wild venison online already now you've mentioned that, and having beef for dinner. 

Dr.S at work 16 Feb 2020

Three little baked potatoes, some left over chilli, a strong cheddar grated on top accomopanied with a small glass of Malbec.

BnB 16 Feb 2020

Spicy split pea dhal, matter paneer, aubergine and potato curry with pilau rice - all home made. Carrot and cardamom dessert. 

Fozzy 16 Feb 2020

Wife’s family recipe moussaka, followed by the utter heaven that is tinned peaches with Greek yoghurt. Am now drinking a Brewdog ‘Hazy Jane’ in front of the fire. 

Fozzy 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Timmd:

Check out Hanks’ butchers in Ross on Wye. They post out whole (or butchered) muntjac for very reasonable prices. 

toad 16 Feb 2020

Cheese and salami pancakes. Ok. Not me, exactly, but mrs T is on the case

Timmd 16 Feb 2020
In reply to Fozzy:

> Check out Hanks’ butchers in Ross on Wye. They post out whole (or butchered) muntjac for very reasonable prices. 

Excellent, many thanks. 

MonkeyPuzzle 16 Feb 2020
In reply to MonkeyPuzzle:

> Pizza Hut. I cannae wait!

Last laugh is on me. It was gopping.

BusyLizzie 16 Feb 2020

Tuna pasta bake with a lot of cheese on top, accompanied by broccoli and mushrooms, followed by blackberry crumble and custard - comfort food indeed after a long wet run. Now curled up with a beer.

subtle 16 Feb 2020

Rack of lamb, roasted in oven on bed of potatoes, tomatoes, garlic and some rosemary - was ace - and no Yorkshire’s 

First course down now, Good, a bit of a ginger or chilli hit would make it great... noted for next time. Now for the Ginger Beef

john arran 16 Feb 2020

Weather is gorgeous here in Ariège. Who cares what's for dinner?

Just had a roast pork joint with crackling and various veg - brussels, carrots, cauli & broccoli - not to mention roasties, yorkshires and GRAVY! If I were to be torutred with the promise of crackling I would give in immediately!

Bob Kemp 16 Feb 2020
In reply to john arran:

😡

Timmd 17 Feb 2020
In reply to john arran:

> Weather is gorgeous here in Ariège. Who cares what's for dinner?

Anybody who likes food?

Nice weather, grim weather, or weather in between, what is for dinner is of critical importance.

Post edited at 18:38

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...