Light pollution and insect decline

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Offwidth 22 Nov 2019

An interesting article on this in the Guardian today:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/nov/22/light-pollution-insect-...

Tom Valentine 22 Nov 2019
In reply to Offwidth:

Different motivation, I know, but staying on La Palma and seeing how seriously they take the topic of light pollution is a revelation.

MG 22 Nov 2019
In reply to Offwidth:

I'd recommend Dave Goulson's book, The Garden Jungle, to anyone interested in and concerned about insescts

Billhook 22 Nov 2019
In reply to Offwidth:

Unfortunately most folk don't care enough about insects (look how many replies to this?)

Without insects they'd be mass extinctions of both plants /trees pollenated by them, Mass starvation of birds, lizards, frogs, toads, many mammals.

And if we survived that we'd have no honey, let alone many of our fruit and veg was disappear off the menu.

felt 22 Nov 2019
In reply to Billhook:

> Unfortunately most folk don't care enough about insects (look how many replies to this?)

Most people are unfortunately incredibly shortsighted and ill-informed. Tell them that the world's going to heat up by two degrees and they'll think, oh that's nice, more sunbathing weather, rather than the fact that it might possibly lead to the end of most life, human and otherwise, on the planet.

paul mitchell 23 Nov 2019
In reply to Offwidth:

Increasing numbers of studies put e m f radiation in the dock. youtube.com/watch?v=NRtFNwREACQ&

OP Offwidth 23 Nov 2019
In reply to paul mitchell:

You do know that light is 'emf radiation'?

gravy 23 Nov 2019
In reply to paul mitchell:

Please confine this radiation nonse to the original thread

Tom Valentine 23 Nov 2019
In reply to gravy:

Which thread  do I go to discuss nonses?

Post edited at 19:27

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...