Life Cover - Summit or other provider?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ian_Cognito 09 Jan 2024

Hi,

I need to sort out some life cover for my wife and I.

I'm a climber and also cyclist, mountain biker, surfer, SUPer and kayaker/kayak surfer - all whenever I get the time around family, etc, so nowhere near as much as I used to.

My wife, on the other hand, not so much - bit of flat water canoeing/SUP paddles, but that's about it - although she is a keen trail (but not really mountain) runner.

I've got quotes from Summit, noting my BMC membership (I also have BCU for the kayak/SUP side), but has anyone used anywhere else that covers these types of activities?

I've got quotes from a couple of other providers and one of them mentioned climbing was covered up to about E3 (which is mainly fine, these days) - I'll obviously check the small print.

Clearly, I don't want to pay over the odds (Summit seem more expensive), but equally I don't want a claim rejected if I unfortunately fall off something and don't bounce!

Thanks,

Post edited at 14:29
 ebdon 09 Jan 2024
In reply to Ian_Cognito:

I have cover via summit and they told me it gets inordinately expensive over E3 (which is why anyone who climbs with me is under strict instructions to scrape me off any E4s I might fall off and deposit me under the neighbouring route).

Post edited at 23:09

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...