First hand observations of Covid vaccine cont.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Neil Williams 27 Feb 2021

Had the Pfizer at 8:45 this morning.  No noticeable effects of any kind yet.

chris_r 27 Feb 2021
In reply to Neil Williams:

Did you post this message using a smartphone, or directly via nanobots? 

guffers_hump 27 Feb 2021

That's what they made you think, see they already have control.

freeflyer 27 Feb 2021

If you are my lizard overlord, I will worship you.

AZ on Thursday. No effects for 12 hours, was preparing my lizard throne, then sore arm and slight temperature for 24 hours.

Did you see the recent Horizon on vaccines with the Van Tullekens - very good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000slmx/horizon-2021-coronavirus-spe...

Was that your first dose? I know a lot of people at work have found that if the first doesn’t knock you about a bit the second one seems to. I was fine after my first dose of Pfizer in January and just got a sore arm for 24 hours. Second is next week so I’ll find out what that’s like soon enough. 

profitofdoom 27 Feb 2021
In reply to guffers_hump:

> That's what they made you think, see they already have control.

Don't laugh. Anyone reading this thread has already had their electronic (?) device, and their lives, taken over

Beep-beep END MESSAGE

Duncan Bourne 27 Feb 2021

Had the Oxford one Thursday.

Felt a little washed out Friday but better today

I had the Pfizer one yesterday. No after effects at all. 

Misha 27 Feb 2021

Lucky you! I would see some slight side effects like a sore arm or a temperature as a good thing reflecting an immune response but equally can’t complain if you don’t have any side effects at all...

OP Neil Williams 27 Feb 2021
In reply to chris_r:

> Did you post this message using a smartphone, or directly via nanobots? 

Bill Gates posted it, obviously

In reply to freeflyer:

I didn't, but cheers

In reply to Stuart Williams:

Yes, first one.  I've heard it said that you only tend to get reactions from the first one if you already had been exposed and therefore had an immune response - I guess I haven't (and I have tested negative on an antibody test which would be further confirmation).  Did have something a bit like it in Feb last year but must have been something else.

Gone for good 27 Feb 2021

I had mine yesterday morning, Pfizer as well. No side effects so far other than a sore upper arm. The organisation at the vaccine centre was superb, lots of volunteers, everyone smoothly processed through the questions, the administration of the jab and the 15 minutes waiting time after. 

In reply to Gone for good:

Indeed, I couldn't complain about the service at the centre (which was operated by my GP practice albeit at a sub-practice they own).  There was a small delay due to an IT issue (I was right at the start of the day and apparently logging on is slow at that time) but I was only out of the house for about an hour in total.

neil684 27 Feb 2021

I've also had the Pfizer vaccine and I've noticed that I now get much better 5G reception😜

gravy 27 Feb 2021
In reply to neil684:

But only if you've had your vitamin D...

profitofdoom 27 Feb 2021

> Bill Gates posted it, obviously

Our lizard masters have now built a base on the moon (there's an article in THE SUN about it today). It's clearly visible though binoculars - go out and have a a look tonight if you don't believe me

Calski 27 Feb 2021

Had both now, first gave me a mild sore arm for a couple of days. Second was fine with no side effects. 

Post edited at 19:34
In reply to Calski:

That’s good to hear. I’m hoping I get off lightly too as my second jab is first thing in the morning before work. I’ve not been looking forward to it after some of the tales of woe from colleagues.  

I seem to have been running slightly hot* for most of today and have a slightly tickly throat, but nothing overly serious.  About the same as usually happens from the flu jab or tourist jabs.

I've heard of slightly more reactions from the Oxford jab (possibly because it's a live virus, albeit a harmless one) though my Mum had it and had no reaction at all.

* Suspect I'd still pass a temperature test as my usual body temperature is 36 to 36.5, so a bit low.  Doubt I'm up more than a tiny bit.

Post edited at 23:50
 Maggot 28 Feb 2021

> * Suspect I'd still pass a temperature test as my usual body temperature is 36 to 36.5, so a bit low.  Doubt I'm up more than a tiny bit.

Wow, you know your body temp to within 1 deg!!!

My experience, and of others, you've got a few hours to go yet if you're going to get a hit.
Somewhere between 24 to 30 hours post jab.

Michael Hood 28 Feb 2021

Had Pfizer 9 days ago, only obvious side effect was slight soreness in my arm, but something (the vaccine?) has affected my running.

I seem to be ok with interval/sprint training, but any continuous runs and where the f**k has it gone, legs feel dead, nearly 1:30 down on pace, not lifting feet up enough.

Next attempt will be on Monday.

OP Neil Williams 28 Feb 2021
In reply to Maggot:

> Wow, you know your body temp to within 1 deg!!!

I only noticed because I thought I had COVID back in March, bought a thermometer, got 36 (37 is normal), thought it was broken.  Bought another more expensive one, it wasn't broken!

petemeads 28 Feb 2021
In reply to Michael Hood:

On the other hand, I ran Naseby 16.45m two days after my Pfizer jab and the same or equivalent at 10/11 day intervals, getting faster by 7 and 5 minutes each time. Plus a mile in 7:03 as a speed test for my fancy new shoes. Just hoping they do not find a performance-enhancing component to the vaccine as I don't want to be banned whilst on a lucky streak!

Point of View 28 Feb 2021

Had my first AZ jab about midday 10 days ago. Went about my normal day's activities. By 6pm, feeling very tired, shivery, muscle pains, no appetite. Got home, went to bed, couldn't sleep. At 2am remembered the advice to take paracetamol. Found a very old looking packet, took a couple, got to sleep, by the morning felt fine. Checked the expiry date on the paracetamol - only 17 years out of date. Quite relieved - thought they might have been really old.

mountainbagger 28 Feb 2021
In reply to Point of View:

> Had my first AZ jab about midday 10 days ago. Went about my normal day's activities. By 6pm, feeling very tired, shivery, muscle pains, no appetite. Got home, went to bed, couldn't sleep. At 2am remembered the advice to take paracetamol. Found a very old looking packet, took a couple, got to sleep, by the morning felt fine. Checked the expiry date on the paracetamol - only 17 years out of date. Quite relieved - thought they might have been really old.

My brother was similar after AZ. Had vaccine in the morning, started to feel feverish and headaches in the evening. Headaches subsided next day, back to "normal" a day later. Normal for him isn't great as he's had issues since he had Covid 11.5 months ago.

Bob Kemp 28 Feb 2021

> I only noticed because I thought I had COVID back in March, bought a thermometer, got 36 (37 is normal), thought it was broken.  Bought another more expensive one, it wasn't broken!

I did exactly the same thing. That’s the trouble with averages...

In reply to Bob Kemp:

> I did exactly the same thing. That’s the trouble with averages...

Along similar lines I remember being told I was probably dead or unable to count on a First Aid course years ago (when you did pulse checks) because my resting is in the high 40s.

didntcomelast 28 Feb 2021

That reminds me of a few years back when I was undergoing tests for an irregular heartbeat. I was fitted with a heart rate monitor for a week and put on some tablets. They really didn’t agree with me in that I struggled to get up a flight of stairs and running was impossible and after about 3 days I went back to the doctor to tell him, he was a bit blasé when I was telling him the symptoms until They took the monitor and plugged it in and discovered that at a number of points during the previous couple of days my heart rate was 36bpm. Had to stop that type of medication straight away.

Michael Hood 28 Feb 2021

Don't (when visiting) put your finger in a hospital oxymeter that's hooked up to an unused BP/heart monitor just to see what reading you'll get - the "low" alarm is often set for 50 bpm - oops 😁

> Don't (when visiting) put your finger in a hospital oxymeter that's hooked up to an unused BP/heart monitor just to see what reading you'll get - the "low" alarm is often set for 50 bpm - oops 😁

I was in hospital for a few nights in summer, and that was a right nuisance for exactly that reason - because of the reason for me being in I was hooked up to a heart monitor, and so through the night (when my heart rate really does drop) I kept being woken up by alarms and having to wave my arm about a bit to knock it up above 50 so I could go back to sleep for a bit.  Right nuisance.  In the end they agreed to take me off it because I clearly wasn't in that bad a way as for them to be concerned, as they didn't know how to / couldn't change it down a bit.

I did a 24 hour blood pressure monitor thing a while ago and found from that that it goes down to 42 when I'm asleep.  But I don't get symptoms so it's not a problem - there are norms, but the general view is that if you're asymptomatic whatever you are is right for you.

Post edited at 18:55
 Michael Hood 28 Feb 2021

My totally resting (i.e. lying in bed after having woken up) heartrate is also usually in the 42-44 range although I have occasionally seen it go briefly down as far as 39. I've had a low resting heartrate for as long as I can remember and mainly because it's not something new, doctors have never seemed concerned about it.

I'm guessing that didntcomelast's experience was because he was put on something like beta-blockers. That's definitely not a good idea if you've already got a low heart rate.

Michael Hood 01 Mar 2021
In reply to petemeads:

Well today's run was much better, not great but it only felt slow rather than totally pedestrian

Runs since vaccine: +1day ok, +4 days crap, +6 days - 150m intervals ok, +8 days crap, +11 days okayish

oldie 01 Mar 2021

AZ 2 weeks ago slightly painful injection site for a couple of days.

Wife had AZ 17 days ago, next day headache and flu-like and took ibuprofen, improved by following day. However arm injection site painful, hot and hard. Now less painful but wider, still warm, red area with little lumps in it.

petemeads 02 Mar 2021

I'm still supercharged! Went to Viccy park for a crack at a fast mile but couldn't hack quite the pace I wanted - but continued to 5k without slowing down much - 23:27 is my best time since October 2016 and my best with 2 fake hips. Good old Pfizer!

Hope you get better soon - but you did have Covid so I suppose the vaccine has got something to fight against..

Michael Hood 02 Mar 2021
In reply to petemeads:

> I'm still supercharged! Went to Viccy park for a crack at a fast mile but couldn't hack quite the pace I wanted - but continued to 5k without slowing down much 

Is there a 400m track marked out on the park? or were you running a known mile (&5k) around the paths - it's fairly flat so presumably conducive to a fast time. 

I presume Saffron lane is currently closed and sneaking into there, or Loughborough Uni's track might be a bit dodgy at the moment.

> Hope you get better soon - but you did have Covid so I suppose the vaccine has got something to fight against..

Apart from the running, the vaccine had no apparent side-effects. From a bit of web searching on energy systems and my interval training being ok (<40secs effort), I would guess that my oxidative system was affected but my glycolytic and phosphagen systems weren't - and although it's interesting, having just found that out is going to make absolutely no difference - I'll just go with the flow and hopefully be back to my previous pace (or better) soon.

colinakmc 02 Mar 2021

Got the Pfizer shot 2 weeks ago, no side effects other than the slightest hint of a headache that night.

Gutted that I haven’t had any messages from Bill Gates yet though.

OP Neil Williams 02 Mar 2021
In reply to colinakmc:

I've just bought a new Windows laptop, so clearly he's got to me.  Though to be fair I couldn't stand MacOS before the jab either.

(No further side effects)

Post edited at 22:08

Dose 2 of Pfizer on Thursday. I had about the same reaction as I did to dose 1; a pretty sore arm for about 48 hours but nothing else really. Had a very slight headache in the evening but nothing to really be bothered by. 

lithos 07 Mar 2021

OxAz on Monday,    Tuesday headache (flu/hangover like) and sore arm/site.  Head responded well to parcetamol.  Wed onwards head fine, arm still a tad sore, just like the flu jab i got in Nov. 

wercat 08 Mar 2021

Kendal jab 0850 yesterday (Oxford) - a very friendly affair.  Nothing all day until 10 and a half hours later then acquired widespread (whole body) aches making things sufficiently uncomfortable that I went to bed early - a bad night but still grotty today though a bit less so.  Feels like the onset of a very bad cold or mild flu when every part of the body hurts and you have to be careful how you lie.

Never have I felt so happy to feel a bit unwell!  Thanks to the retired NHS people who were working so hard and with such good humour.

Post edited at 11:44

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...