Boris. The liar...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidschneider/status/1173129403594891264

Does anything truthful ever come out of his gob? It's literally what he said. A proper use of the word literal... 

Offwidth 15 Sep 2019
In reply to Stuart (aka brt):

To help those who won't use twitter.

"Reporter - You said that police forces were spaffing money up the wall on investigating historic child abuse.

Boris Johnson - That's not what I said.

LBC interview - £60million was being spaffed up the wall.."

From that twitter thread someone links his behaviour to gaslighting.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/here-there-and-everywhere/201701/11...?

DaveHK 15 Sep 2019
In reply to Offwidth:

>  From that twitter thread someone links his behaviour to gaslighting.

And here was me thinking he was just a shit liar.

Billhook 15 Sep 2019

They all lie.  Why pick on just the one liar?

Dax H 15 Sep 2019

Maybe he has been taking lessons from Trump. The policy seems to be no matter what the evidence is just stick to the lie and it will be okay in the end. 

DaveHK 15 Sep 2019
In reply to Billhook:

> They all lie.  Why pick on just the one liar?

I don't agree that all politicians lie, that's just a lazy generalisation.

Boris however lies easily, blatantly and without any apparent conscience. Plus he's the PM. That's why we should pick on him and hold his shameful behaviour up to the light.

john arran 15 Sep 2019
In reply to Billhook:

Ok then, quote me a lie from Yvette Cooper.

Or from Caroline Lucas

Or from Jess Phillips

Or just maybe they aren't actually all liars at all and that's just a ruse to make it easier for you still to have sympathy with a genuine and pathological liar

(Strangely enough all of the most obvious example that came straight to mind are women)

Tyler 15 Sep 2019
In reply to Dax H:

Unfortunately I think you're right. There is a certain base who will take whatever lies Trump, Johnson or Farage throw out and use them as justification for their continued support as it'll give them the outcome they want. Some are actually so stupid as to believe the lies, for others it's convenient to pretend they do.

In reply to Offwidth:

Thanks Offwidth, I should have done the transcription myself. 

In reply to Billhook:

Absolute horseshit. 

Timmd 15 Sep 2019
In reply to Billhook:

Because he's our Prime Minister, and the one who is meant to be deciding the path our country takes at this critical (and pivotal) time. 

MG 15 Sep 2019
In reply to Billhook:

They dont. And certainly not routinely and maliciously. 

Man city 15 Sep 2019
In reply to Billhook:

Because he is the fxxkin PM and is supposed to be honourable and have some integrity.

Jon Stewart 15 Sep 2019
In reply to Billhook:

Can you back that up?

Not even all Tories are liars: show me a clip of Ken Clarke or Rory Stewart lying. You are outright wrong to say that Johnson represents a common standard of politicians. He falls well, well short of even the most pessimistic expectations.

You're attempting to dismiss the complete collapse of standards at the highest office, as if it doesn't matter. We don't want "Britain Trump". We want someone who meets the basic expectations of high office. And we're realistic, we're not going to get a saint. But we have always had better than this, we are at a serious low point, and the rot must be stopped. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...