Sportiva Mythos in Sheffield?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 mickyv33 23 Apr 2024

Does anyone know of a climbing shop or wall that stock the Sportiva Mythos in Sheffield?

Keen to buy a pair but know the sizing is funny as the stretch a tonne so looking for somewhere local to try before I buy.

Does anyone know a place in / near to Sheff to do so?

Ta
Micky

CantClimbTom 23 Apr 2024
In reply to mickyv33:

Absolutely, you MUST try them before buying! The sizing in my experience, is different.

Good luck, no idea who keeps stock near Sheffield, which I think is bizarre!

Gemmazrobo 24 Apr 2024
In reply to mickyv33:

Unfortunately I think banana fingers might be the only uk shop to stock mythos currently.

PaulW 24 Apr 2024
In reply to mickyv33:

I think Rock On stock them if you are ever down in London.

For sizing I think that they are similar to the rest of the Sportiva range, as in big for the size. Being unlined leather they do stretch. IMO they are a shoe that does not have to be super tight like some to work well.

Good luck finding some.

Howard J 24 Apr 2024
In reply to mickyv33:

Why do they do this? The Mythos has been around for ages, and has a deservedly good reputation for comfort. They may not be the highest-performing shoe but they fill a function which a lot of climbers want.  And yet they're almost impossible to find a shop which stocks them.

If manufacturers don't make classic designs unavailable, they redesign or replace them with something which is nearly always inferior.

tehmarks 24 Apr 2024
In reply to Howard J:

They seem to have been difficult to find in the UK for some time, but are easy to find in Europe in my experience. I'm not sure that Sportiva carry the blame for that.

Post edited at 14:58
 tehmarks 24 Apr 2024
In reply to mickyv33:

Not only is the sizing "different", but it's also inconsistent. I'd recommend buying a specific pair that you've tried on.

OP mickyv33 24 Apr 2024
In reply to Gemmazrobo:

No worries. 
I suspected as much.
I just try to buy from the smaller shops as much as I've definitely never come across a pair in the UK in recent memory. 

CantClimbTom 24 Apr 2024
In reply to PaulW:

I got mine from there, the only place in London I know that keeps stock and you can go and try them (*and* get experienced advice on the sizing and stretching of Mythos)

Tim Bevan 25 Apr 2024
In reply to mickyv33:

As I understand it RockOn is the only shop in the UK that stocks them - Lyon (main sportiva distributor) don't import them so rock on have a special deal direct with sportiva. Great shoes and great shop btw.

Post edited at 06:37

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...