Mount kenya batian climb

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 llanberis36 15 May 2020

Looking to get some experience technical rock climbing or mixed at altitude around 6000m. Looking at the bation route on mount kenya but just over 5000m. Are there similar but slightly higher alternatives.  This is build up to climbing the normal route on ama dablam in few years time hopefully as free as possible 

GGD 16 May 2020
In reply to llanberis36:

I have some line drawing topos of various routes on Mt Kenya. Message me and I’ll email them over to you. 

jezzah 17 May 2020
In reply to llanberis36:

Hi there,

I've been up Mt. Kenya quite a few times via different routes (I used to live near there). The Firmin's Tower (crux) is full of tat that you can clip to/ aid off if you need on the standard route up Batian, or climb the pitches clean at about HVS/ 5a (approx 5.9). Bear in mind you are at 5000m at this point and I don't think there's anything harder on SW ridge of Ama Dablam.

There are technical routes on Kilimanjaro which are are at 5600m- 5900m which are either rock hard or v easy e.g. Western Breach. However, you might like to consider on Mawenzi (it's the subsidiary peak which you look towards as you are descending Kili). But, bear in mind it's v expensive climbing on Kili. Do PM me if you want more info about altitude climbing in East Africa.

Cheers 

Jeremy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...