The Keswick Mountain Festival starts this Wednesday 16th May and runs until Sunday the 20th. If you plan to be in the Lakes, or need a good reason to be there, the Keswick Mountain Festival celebrates all things outdoors, with a great line up of speakers, exhibitions, events, races, skill courses and have-a-go activities for all ages.
There is also some great shopping to be had at the Festival Village and in Keswick itself.
Here are some highlights with a full run down at www.keswickmountainfestival.co.uk
- Countryfile and Blue Peter presenter Helen Skelton is appearing on Friday 18th May to present a talk tailored especially for children. Helen was the first person to reach the South Pole using a bicycle. More details here.
- Explorer Monty Hall is on Friday evening. More details here.
- Climbers can also enjoy lectures with Mick Fowler, Sir Chris Bonington, Cameron McNeish and Pauline Sanderson. More details here.
- See the full itinerary of the Berghaus Live for Adventure Theatre here.
- Feelin active, check out the races and other sporting events. More details here.
- DMM are hosting a full programme of climbing courses. More details here.
Each year the Keswick Mountain Festival goes from strength to strength and this year will be the best so far with more things to do and more people to see. The forecast is looking good.