Scottish winter Partners required

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Steve Mr P 02 Nov 2021

Hi, looking for climbing partners for winter climbing in Scotland. Wiling to try some classic routes on Ben Nevis, Cairngorms or further afield. Got a lot of experience but i haven’t been for a while so I’m doing two 1 week tours of the Ben with PYB and Glenmore Lodge guides to get back up to speed  . I have rack & ropes.  I'm based in the Midlands and available any-time and at short notice. Ping me a message and we can have an initial chat on the phone

Suncream 02 Nov 2021
In reply to Steve Mr P:

You might struggle to find partners on the internet with that username!

babymoac 03 Nov 2021
In reply to Steve Mr P:

Scottish winter required .......

TechnoJim 04 Nov 2021
In reply to babymoac:

Only the 4th November. Plenty of time yet (he says with all fingers and limbs crossed). 

To the OP, I'm also free all winter (December to April), happy to travel anywhere and at short notice. Based in Sheffield, which is the ideal location for someone who has become obsessed with Scottish winter...

Climbing very much in the low grades but mad keen to get out. Cheerful in shit conditions and good at suffering/lugging gear. Probably not what you're after but the offer's there.

Jim

glenn0010 10 Nov 2021
In reply to Steve Mr P:

Hi,

I'm always keen based in Newcastle up north. Always keen to get out. Have lead grade 2 winter climbs so far as It was my second time up in Scotland. But I felt quite comfortable at that grade so can definitely push harder.

Anyone interested give me a message

OP Steve Mr P 10 Nov 2021
In reply to TechnoJim:

Hi Jim  Lets stay in contact - I'm keen to get out and it doesn't always need to be super hard - just out and about works for me.. keep an eye on conditions and we can connect again to plan

HeMa 10 Nov 2021
In reply to TechnoJim:

Sorry Jim, I’m more of a metal or rock Person than edm or techno.

TechnoJim 11 Nov 2021
In reply to HeMa:

Somewhere in my vinyl pile there's a savage acid techno remix of 'Raining Blood' by Slayer. Common ground can usually be found

TechnoJim 11 Nov 2021
In reply to Steve Mr P:

Sound.

Edited to add that if you are catfishing me then I'm hoping that behind the profile of a 57 year old bloke from Worcestershire is a thirty-something Norwegian alpinist named Ingrid who has a weird yen for climbing with English punters. 

Post edited at 13:52

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...