Scottish Winter Conditions

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 petre 26 Dec 2022

Any up to date info on Scottish winter conditions for easier gullies  for tomorrow onwards please! 

DaveHK 26 Dec 2022
In reply to petre:

Easy gullies on Liathach we're in on Christmas eve, those on Beinn Alligin were broken. Snowing in Inverness right now.

im off 26 Dec 2022
In reply to petre:

Been to sneachta today.....reasonable neve. Forecast looks good next few days to me. Looks wintery. 👍

TobyA 26 Dec 2022
In reply to petre:

The forecast is pretty dire - lots of snow in the Scottish hills, rain further south. Stormy as well. I would suspect that's going to mean lots of fresh snow in many the gullies. So take care of you do go.

In reply to petre:

The Loch Morlich webcam gives good views up into the Cairngorm Corries as it pans across the loch, and the Caringorm Mountain webcam gives various still views of the ski slopes.

Dave Hewitt 27 Dec 2022
In reply to petre:

Feels pretty wintry in Stirling this morning - still almost dark, sleety snow falling (we're all of eight metres above sea level) and the pavements are lethal - I've just been out for my morning walk but only got 50 yards to the end of the street then thought better of it, too skiddy. Yesterday morning was similar but without the sleety snow. Can't see any hills as yet today but they'll be white.

girlymonkey 27 Dec 2022
In reply to Dave Hewitt:

It was yaktrax on for the dog walk this morning! Very slippy!

My guess is lots of avalanche prone slopes just now, but I haven't been high to look. 

Dave Hewitt 27 Dec 2022
In reply to girlymonkey:

> It was yaktrax on for the dog walk this morning! Very slippy!

Good effort! Impressively horrible day here today - still really messy and murky,  sleety overhead and slushy underfoot. Might be better higher up, but there's zero view - can't even see the monument. I went out to fill the bird feeders and that felt like enough. Will do a couple of miles to the Co-op and back at bargain time later if it's just slushy rather than icy. Not very adventurous, though! Hope you and yours are keeping well.

At least the mornings turn tomorrow and we're now almost a fortnight into longer evenings, at least in theory.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...