Hiking/mountaineering glasses ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 wolfbane 24 Jan 2019

This area looks like another minefield ?

Buying  Hiking glasses ( I already have a set of goggles ) but are the cheaper glasses say from £2 to £10  vastly different from the expensive names like Oakley or Julbo , what is/are a good pair without  paying 1   or 2 pounds ?

gravy 24 Jan 2019
In reply to wolfbane:

Look up "bolle spider".

MG 24 Jan 2019
In reply to wolfbane:

No they are much the same and you don't mind when you lose/scratch/break them. Look for the darkness category.  As long as it is 3 or 4, they will do the job.  Try Decathlon (and maybe £15).

Fiona Reid 24 Jan 2019
In reply to wolfbane:

As long as they are CE marked and cat 3 (normal sunglasses) or cat 4 for glacier type stuff you shoyls be fine. 

BruceM 25 Jan 2019
In reply to wolfbane:

Robustness is the main thing I've always looked for. Bolle have polycarbonate frames so I have used these exclusively for the last 20 years or more. Each pair copes with about 5-8 years use being crammed in my pack and head on the mountains for weekends and holidays, plus being crammed in my school bag and being worn literally every day of my life. After 5-8 years the lenses are a bit worn/scratched, although the sunglasses are still wearable. They cost about £55-80 each depending.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...