Das Rheingold

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 DaveHK 28 Mar 2023

Is anyone aware of this having been repeated or even attempted?

I did a bit of asking around and thus far nobody I've asked is aware of a repeat. This is hardly surprising but I thought I'd put it out to a wider audience.

For those who don't know it is Martin Moran's epic traverse of Coire na Feòla, Coire na Poite and Coire an Fhamair of Bheinn Bhàn.

Ta.

John Lyall 28 Mar 2023
In reply to DaveHK: I’ve not heard of a repeat.

OP DaveHK 28 Mar 2023
In reply to John Lyall:

I found his FA account in an old Climber magazine which makes for interesting reading. It really was a super impressive ascent*, a real combination of ability, fitness, commitment and detailed local knowledge.

*Can I use the word ascent for something that mostly goes sideways for over 2km?!

davkeo 28 Mar 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

Would like to have a read of that. Any idea when we can expect the new guidebook for the NW? Hope your having luck filling in the blanks.

John Lyall 28 Mar 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

Yes, a pretty wild journey, requiring a comprehensive knowledge of each coire.

OP DaveHK 28 Mar 2023
In reply to davkeo:

> Would like to have a read of that. Any idea when we can expect the new guidebook for the NW? Hope your having luck filling in the blanks.

I'll scan it and send you copy. I'm making good progress with the guide but it's still a while away. Politicians answer!

onlyhalfwayup 28 Mar 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

Going to be a bit cheeky and ask if you could send me a copy of the article too? Even traversing one of the Corrie's would be quite the feat

OP DaveHK 29 Mar 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

First 2 pages

OP DaveHK 29 Mar 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

Last page

OP DaveHK 29 Mar 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

They should be readable.

onlyhalfwayup 30 Mar 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

Thanks for that!

David Alcock 30 Mar 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

Excellent - cheers! 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...