My Favourite Map: Geology Plus Glaciers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKH Articles 11 Dec 2023

Navigation apps are great, but for big picture inspiration there's still nothing like a printed sheet. The best maps mean something to people. Here's Ronald Turnbull on the "one Lakeland map that matters".

Read more

Norman Hadley 11 Dec 2023
In reply to UKH Articles:

Grand stuff, Ronald. I might take issue with you over the north-south comparison, or maybe that should wait until my contribution to this series...

In reply to Norman Hadley:

Well it was my Dad's suggestion really. And I believe there is some proper climbing on Dove Crag (too difficult for my Dad, though). But if you do truly prefer Superwalker Lake District South East, that's a grand place indeed for the bogs and solitude. Solitude all the greater given that one person who isn't in Longsleddale is me. Do feel free to re-use my pic if actually extolling Great Sca Fell as against the un-Great one at Wasdale Head.

Norman Hadley 03 Jan 2024
In reply to Ronald Turnbull:

Well, I don't know when my piece is coming out, but on the east-versus-west question, my perspective shifted radically when I took up mountain biking and fell-running. The amount of rideable and runnable terrain make places like Longsleddale a treat. Not that it wasn't before. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...