Any snow at top of Ben Lomond.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Russell Lovett 27 Apr 2024

Any snow on top of Ben Lomond at the moment. Thinking of taking a none hiking mate up tommorrow and although pretty fit and has boots waterproof excetera, he has no axes or crampons. Up and down easy Ridge from car park.

Mark Bull 27 Apr 2024
In reply to Russell Lovett:

Ben More has a light dusting of fresh snow this morning: https://www.benmorewebcam.co.uk/ so Ben Lomond may be similar, but it will likely not last long, and should not be a significant hazard on the normal route. 

Dave Hewitt 27 Apr 2024

I've just been for my regular morning stroll along the road in Stirling (nice morning - swallows etc) and there's no snow visible on the east side of Ben Lomond - ditto the other usual suspects of Ledi and Stuc/Vorlich. Pretty sure you'd be fine doing the normal loop (up Ptarmigan/NW ridge, down the main path) rather than just a straight out-and-back. I went round Vorlich and Stuc from Edinample last Saturday and never set foot in snow, and it's been fairly warm hereabouts all week. Both midweek Ochil outings were completely snow-free too - there's still some visible on BMore/StobB and the higher Lawers things, but even then not much.

Lankyman 27 Apr 2024

I've been knocking around Arrochar and down into Kintyre all week. I've seen very little snow on the hills, certainly not enough to inconvenience a walk up the Ben Lomond path.

In reply to Russell Lovett:cheers for the reply looks like we're on then.

Dave Hewitt 27 Apr 2024

Quick update (again from afar): I'm just back in from an Abbey Craig / Wallace Monument wander and even though it's a warm sunny afternoon here, and generally round about too, there have been very localised-looking showers on Vorlich/Stuc - they now have snow down to about 700m, thin-looking but visible from 15 or whatever miles away. Generally quite murky thereabouts - the tops vanished while we were looking. Lomond, Ledi etc have missed this, as have BMore/StobB visible beyond. It'll go again soon anyway, but you'd be a bit annoyed to be on Vorlich or Stuc today given that everywhere else seems lovely.

Dave Hewitt 28 Apr 2024

How did you get on? Quite chilly hereabouts first thing but it turned into a lovely day. I was Ochiling above Dollar in the afternoon and the western hills including Ben Lomond looked good. Some showers here and there near the east coast but the west seemed to be nice generally.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...