Tenaya mastia replacement for wide feet

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

My tenaya mastias are just wearing out, and it looks like they are no longer making them.

That's a real shame for me as they have been the most comfortable shoe I have found for a long time. Should have bought a spare pair when they were available.

I have wide feet and really struggle to get a shoe that fits well. My feet aren't big (UK 8 in normal shoes and was wearing UK 7.5 mastias) but are wide across the forefoot.

Any suggestions for a similar shoe from other wide footers?

I only climb into the low e grades, but do like a close fit.

jezb1 26 Apr 2024
In reply to mountain.martin:

I haven't worn Mastias but Instinct VS maybe? Too wide for me in the forefoot. Quality shoe.

Post edited at 08:24
 Carless 26 Apr 2024

They're still listed here https://tenaya.net/en/climbing-shoes

In reply to jezb1:

Thanks, I think (not sure) I had a pair of instincts a few years ago and they did work ok for me, but i didn't think they were that comfortable.

The tenyay mastias have a comfortable, snug slipper feel for me and seemed to work well for indoor climbing and cragging.

Might revisit the instincts and see how they feel.

In reply to Carless:

Ah, brilliant, thanks. All the UK shops only seem to have a one or two odd sizes available (and not my size) so I assumed they were just shifting old stock.

Surprised UK shops don't say they are available then, even if they had a lead time on them.

Never bought direct from manufacturer before but as I know they work for me will go down that route.

If anyone else has suggestions for similar shoes would still be interested to hear.

​​​

Hi Martin!

Mastia are still available, apologies for the stock problems. There was a slight production delay before Christmas which, as you can see, threw U.K. stock levels into a little bit of chaos. I had a ton arrive this week so we’re just getting the shoes out to customers.

Post edited at 10:50
 bpmclimb 26 Apr 2024

Unparallel Up Rise VCS are working very well on my feet, which are short in length and wide across the forefoot.

In reply to Euan McKendrick:

Ah, that's good to hear.

Thanks.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...