Weather in Llanberis?

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Fishteeth 31 Mar 2024

Me and my family want to go climbing in the pass during the Easter holidays but the weather seems very random and we don’t know wether or not it’d be a good idea to go during this time of the year, I’m wondering if there are any locals or people who know the weather patterns to tell me if my trip will be a bust or not.

jezb1 31 Mar 2024
In reply to Fishteeth:

I'm not the most hardy of people, but it's still too cold for me to climb in the Pass at the mo, but plenty are built of sterner stuff!

Weather looks pretty rubbish for the coming week, personally I'd climb out of the mountains unless things change.

kaiser 31 Mar 2024
In reply to Fishteeth:

Sadly it looks like a continuous stream of Atlantic lows hammering into the UK from the south west for the next week at least.

Cheese Monkey 31 Mar 2024
In reply to Fishteeth:

The only thing that is certain is it is uncertain. I've got 3 nights chancing it with my family at Cwm Glas in the pass, it usually pays off, even if its only for a few hours. Plenty of other things to do when it rains

OP Fishteeth 01 Apr 2024
In reply to Fishteeth:

Thanks for the help, looks like I probably won’t be going this week.

In reply to Fishteeth:

My girls made it up the miners in shorts and slippers today. A couple of slippery sections near the top. We had a brew and bailed, but still a good day out. Weather was almost summer. 

mrjonathanr 02 Apr 2024
In reply to Fishteeth:

Currently dry in the Pass itself, all upper slopes/ tops covered in cloud. This will tell you what you need to know:

https://www.mwis.org.uk/assets/forecasts/sd-mwi-wm13708_2024-04-02_070528_3...

George_Surf 02 Apr 2024
In reply to Fishteeth:

anyones guess. the last 3 days ive been climbing in a tshirt!

jezb1 02 Apr 2024
In reply to George_Surf:

> anyones guess. the last 3 days ive been climbing in a tshirt!

In the Pass..?!

Sam Beaton 02 Apr 2024
In reply to jezb1:

It was almost too hot at Porth Ysgo yesterday afternoon 😊

jezb1 02 Apr 2024
In reply to Sam Beaton:

I can believe that but the fella wanted to climb in the Pass and I've been cold and at times damp the last few days in the hills!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...