The High Route: A New Backcountry Skiing Dispatch

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Jason @ THR 25 Sep 2023

Welcome to The High Route.

We wanted something different at The High Route—a place where we get granular about skinning, the climbing, and the turn making without a whole lot of extraneous noise. Or extraneous influence. In other words, we are about exploring the world of human powdered backcountry travel involving turns on snow. The site is owned and operated by dedicated backcountry skiers. Our goal is to create a community focused and community supported site. We’ve got to keep the lights on; we landed on a subscription model to access The High Route’s content. Readers are allotted ~eight free articles, after which a prompt will ask you to support us by subscribing.

Our focus is narrow and we are sticking to it. As a site funded by the backcountry community, through your subscriptions, we understand who we are writing for.

Along with the site, we are producing two podcasts: one focused on non-gear-related topics, the other a deep dive into backcountry and ski mountaineering gear. You can find links to our podcasts on the site. 

Risk is an interesting calculus. It carries a particular allure, but it’s also unnerving. We’re taking a risk and we’re hoping you help us nail the landing.

You can learn more about us on our About page and the FAQs. You can subscribe here.  

Thanks for checking out The High Route, and reach out if you have any questions. 

Find out more.

HammondR 29 Sep 2023
In reply to Jason @ THR:

Who is behind this then? Looked all over the site and am no wiser. Is this some sort of successor to Wildsnow.

OP Jason @ THR 29 Sep 2023
In reply to HammondR:

Former editor and go-to gear editor from WildSnow along with a few ski/climbing guides. The about page has some names listed. Let me know if you need any more information. Thanks. 

Post edited at 22:44
In reply to Jason @ THR:

none of the links will open on safari / my mac

OP Jason @ THR 06 Oct 2023
In reply to Simonfarfaraway:

Hey there, I too am a Safari user. The links in the original post just worked for me in Safari. Perhaps it is a setting? Sorry you are having problems with it. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...