Salisbury Crags Bouldering

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
climbyclimber 18 Apr 2023

Is anyone still climbing at the Salisbury Crags in Edinburgh? 

There's not been another incident of rockfall since 2020, and despite it being closed off I did find a way in quite easily (climbing the fences is not hard).

I wondered if anyone else is still sneaking in as I can't find a thing about it online and if so what the risk is like - have you ever been caught by wardens, or are there ever people in there? It's a wonderful spot but I'm a bit nervous to return.

ebdon 18 Apr 2023
In reply to climbyclimber:

Talking about climbing on actively banned crags on public forums is generally a bad idea....

Jim blackford 19 Apr 2023

There's no personal repercussions for being caught: even if the crag was in someone's garden there's no charge for first time trespass. 

In many areas it's good to keep away though as being caught can harm relations between landowner and climbers interests in general. 

But here the landowner has shown they don't care about climbers what with bolting the fence etc 

Post edited at 00:01
 tlouth7 19 Apr 2023

Personally I have been taking the opportunity to climb on some of the less fenced off areas of Holyrood Park - there is loads of good soloing on the Long Row for example.

Rick Campbell 22 Apr 2023

HES who manage the park are, since covid spectacularly failing to allow the public into the vast majority of the sites that they manage on our behalf. The more folk who demonstate that they won't put up with this crap the better. 

Post edited at 22:05
 top cat 23 Apr 2023

Leave no sign of your passing : do not use chalk.........

Fat Bumbly2 23 Apr 2023
In reply to Rick Campbell:

Visited on of Hysterical Scotland's sites  - all Herased off.  The petty sods had even closed the car park, not subject to the sudden mass falling stones epidemic on account of not having masonry anywhere near it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...