Looning the Tube on Slate | FA?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AlexCSKent 28 Mar 2022

Hi fellas, 

I was out at looning the tube at Dinorwig quarry last weekend and misread the route description and may have done a new FA? Instead of climbing diagonally up to the metal spike I walked to the end of the tube and clipped a bolt about a foot away from the end, then climbed the slab into the rusty spike + chain. I can't find a route description that matches this on the UKC page, but at the same time I can't imagine that I'm the first punter to have come along and done this... I'd appreciate if someone could fill me! 

Here's an annotated photo if that makes it more clear: https://i.imgur.com/XjulwkO.png
(Picture ripped from the Looning the Tube UKC logbook by David Slater)

jezb1 28 Mar 2022
In reply to AlexCSKent:

You traversed in to Bise-Mon-Cul.

Well done on some spectacularly dodgy route finding!

CantClimbTom 28 Mar 2022
In reply to AlexCSKent:

"losing the tube" ?

David Alcock 28 Mar 2022
In reply to AlexCSKent:

>  I'd appreciate if someone could fill me. 

Sorry, not sorry for my childish snigger! 

ianstevens 28 Mar 2022
In reply to AlexCSKent:

Yeah there are bolts there for a reason so I’m pretty amazed you’d think this is a new route. You’ve just done Bise-Mon-Cul (E2 5c) minus the fun part at the start

OP AlexCSKent 28 Mar 2022
In reply to ianstevens:

I knew we hadn't done something completely new from the bolts! Thanks everyone, looks like we did half and half of two routes! Leaning off the tube was great fun, maybe deserves its own log?

Losing the tube!

Birks 28 Mar 2022
In reply to AlexCSKent:

If I got a FA for every route where I misread the description and went the wrong way, I'd be a more prolific new router than Brown and Whillans put together.

ianstevens 29 Mar 2022
In reply to AlexCSKent:

No, you walked along a big fat ledge and did half of one route. Bise-mon-cul joins Looking the Tube at the base of the crack.

Post edited at 09:34

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...