Stainless M10 T nut supplier?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tigger 01 Oct 2020

I'm constructing a small outdoor wall and I'm looking for a supplier of Stainless M10 T-nuts, ideally the screw fixing type rather than the 4 pronged variety. I'll need approx 200, does anyone know of a stockist please?

Thanks

Michael

wintertree 01 Oct 2020
In reply to Tigger:

Accu could be worth a look.  Helpful customer support as well.

OP Tigger 01 Oct 2020
In reply to wintertree:

Good call, unfortunately not something they stock.

Swig 01 Oct 2020
In reply to Tigger:

eBay sellers (e.g. adl-componentsltd)

Post edited at 11:54
Removed User 01 Oct 2020
In reply to Tigger:

Contact Core climbing on 01246 415040. I spoke to them yesterday and they have them in stock.

jimtitt 01 Oct 2020
In reply to Tigger:

I've supplied a customer with some from dein-klettershop in Germany, €159.99 for 250 + €14 99 Post to the UK.

OP Tigger 01 Oct 2020
In reply to Swig:

I'll have a look thanks

OP Tigger 01 Oct 2020
In reply to Removed User:

I've sent them a query, hopefully they be able to help out

OP Tigger 01 Oct 2020
In reply to jimtitt:

Ok, sounds promising, what's the quality of their product like?

john arran 01 Oct 2020
In reply to Tigger:

> Ok, sounds promising, what's the quality of their product like?

I doubt Jim would be prepared to tarnish his own company's reputation by advocating the use of substandard products from elsewhere.

jimtitt 01 Oct 2020
In reply to Tigger:

Well they looked like all the others but I never used them myself! Didn't get any complaints though. Whichever you get always use anti-seize on the bolts, stainless is terrible for galling and seizing up.

OP Tigger 01 Oct 2020
In reply to jimtitt:

Sorry i didn't mean to imply anything. I'll pm you once I've counted up an quantities and costed up my design.

Thanks

Michael

In reply to Tigger:

I have had superb service (very rapid; good value) from Westfield Fasteners for all kinds of screws and nuts, and have used them many times.

They do have M10 4-pronged T-nuts, and they may have ones without prongs.

Post edited at 13:41
 hip99 01 Oct 2020
In reply to Tigger:

I use climbingwallservices.com

Great service and quality stuff

Dave Cundy 01 Oct 2020
In reply to Tigger:

Just had a look on the website of Avon Stainless Fasteners, my local go-to store in Bristol for fixings.  I can only see 4 pronged T nuts but there are tons of others to choose from.

drconline 02 Oct 2020
In reply to hip99:

A bump for Climbing Wall Services - didn't buy much but it was all good stuff.

I went for screw-in ones rather than toothed bash-in ones in the end as it seemed a better solution ad less likely to damage the ply.

Dave

FactorXXX 02 Oct 2020
In reply to drconline:

> A bump for Climbing Wall Services - didn't buy much but it was all good stuff.
> I went for screw-in ones rather than toothed bash-in ones in the end as it seemed a better solution ad less likely to damage the ply.

The ones on their website aren't Stainless Steel though:
https://www.climbingwallservices.com/shop/hardware-and-tools/m10-round-back...

Alkis 02 Oct 2020
In reply to Tigger:

I used Westfield Fasteners for all my T-nuts. I bought zinc coated for my outdoor wall (it is covered and never in contact with water) but from memory they do have stainless. I don't know whether they have screw-ins though.

Having used the four pronged type for my wall, I'd concur and recommend screw-in Tees indeed. I have not actually had any spinners at all but hammering 240 Tees on plywood is loud enough to be utterly antisocial and surprisingly faffy. Any newly used holes on my wall need to be retighened a couple of times before the nut is sat fully as well, and that would not be an issue with screw-ins.

hip99 02 Oct 2020
In reply to FactorXXX:

true - I've used zinc plated throughout on my outdoor wall as it's less prone to cross threading and seizing. If you're in a coastal location then maybe stainless is the way to go.

OP Tigger 02 Oct 2020
In reply to hip99:

How long has your wall been up? I'm not costal but i expect to see a lot of condentation forming on exposed metal sections, such as bolt heads and any unused t-nuts.

Cobra_Head 02 Oct 2020
In reply to Tigger:

> How long has your wall been up? I'm not costal but i expect to see a lot of condentation forming on exposed metal sections, such as bolt heads and any unused t-nuts.

Even in a coastal, unless you are very near the sea, galv would probably be fine.

OP Tigger 02 Oct 2020
In reply to Cobra_Head:

Cheers mate, I'll have another look into it as an option.

JCurrie 02 Oct 2020
In reply to Tigger:

This is not particularly helpful considering what you are looking for but I have 50 of the pronged ones going spare if you want them. No charge.

Jason

Cobra_Head 02 Oct 2020
In reply to Tigger:

> Cheers mate, I'll have another look into it as an option.

It depend where you are going to situate your "wall", to be honest  nowadays there's not a massive difference in price AFAIK

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...