Walking in Ordesa National Park in the Pyrenees

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 28 May 2018

We are spending a week walking in Ordesa with Torla as our base. I was wondering about walking guides to the area?

There seems to be a 1:40,000 map with some walks from Stanfords and a few walks in a Kev Reynolds book. Are they the best options for walk info. Thanks.

felt 28 May 2018
In reply to Removed UserDanPy

Can't answer your question but if you haven't already, do visit the Anisclo canyon. Similar to Ordesa but more off the beaten track. Oh, and avoid the Clavijas de Cotatuero in Ordesa unless you like big drops or have some VF gear. 

leon 1 28 May 2018
In reply to Removed UserDanPyr: I dont know of much in English other than the books you mentioned. If you speak Spanish there are plenty of guidebooks on Ordessa

http://www.barrabes.com/libros-mapas/guias-senderismo-trekking-pirineo-prep...

Theres a National Park Centre and some climbing shops and Guide agencies in Torla who probably speak English and might be able to point you in the right direction if you needed it, but to be honest if you head up to the Goriz (you can camp nearby if necessary) to do Perdido or cross over to the Breche de Roland , cut across to the Anisclo etc That will pretty much fill your week. Lots of good day walks as well as excellent Canyoning, Mountain Biking, Beer drinking and the upper Ara Valley is lovely

Post edited at 18:24
 KA 29 May 2018
In reply to Removed UserDanPyr:

You'll easily be able to pick up a 1:25 000 Editorial Alpina map in Torla. 

I would recommend the following:

Faja de Pelay
Faja de Flores
Anisclo Canyon
Valle de Ordiso and over into Valle de Otal
Monte Perdido
Pena Montanesa
Valle de Pineta (bit of a drive to get round)

For a change of scene, there are plenty of options in the nearby Valle de Tena as well:
Ibones d' Ariels
Pico Anayet
A circuit of the Midi D'Ossau
Numerous walks from the Banos de Panticosa

If the weather is poor, which does happen from time to time, the Faja Racon would be ok. There are also a series of Ermitas north of Yebra de Basa that won't be exposed to the worst of it. 

Removed User 04 Jun 2018

Thanks for all the replies.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...