Room Available in House Share, Penrith

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Mike Hewitt 23 May 2017
premier post photo
Hi all,

I have a furnished double room available to rent forĀ£360/month including all bills, council tax & broadband. Ideally looking for a climber/runner/outdoors type of person to move in, as it's often easier to share with someone who has similar interests. Climbing down Borrowdale only 30mins away!

Link to ad on Spareroom.co.uk: https://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/cumbria/penrith/7781410

Cheers,
Mike
 ABurridge 29 May 2017
In reply to Mike Hewitt:
Hi Mike,

I've been been offered a job based in Penrith, still waiting on the contract at the moment. So not looking to move yet but in a month or so, so if you haven't found someone by then would definitely like a look. I climb (just over a year, leading Pembroke VS on a good day, seconding E1), and would consider myself an outdoors type.

One question what's parking like?

Cheers,

Andy
Post edited at 07:42
OP Mike Hewitt 29 May 2017
In reply to ABurridge:

Hi Andy,

Congrats on the job offer. Too be honest I think the room will go in the next week or two, but saying that I don't mind waiting a few weeks for the right person to move in, I would just need some sort of commitment beforhand. There is a couple that are pretty keen, but I'd much rather a single person (and climber!) moved in.

There is no private parking here, but you will get a parking permit that allows you to park in a nearby carpark (about 50m away) anytime, for free. There is also a pay&display carpark right next to the flat, that is free after 6pm, I use this for loading up the van when I'm off on a trip.

Cheers,
Mike
 ABurridge 31 May 2017
In reply to Mike Hewitt:

Thanks Mike,

No worries if the room goes. I am definitely not that close to being sort yet, unfortunately. If by some miracle things pick up pace I'll let you know.

I'll be new to the area, are there any good places to meet other climbers?

Cheers

Andy
OP Mike Hewitt 05 Jun 2017
In reply to ABurridge:
Ok cool, this ad is about to expire, but as long as the main ad is still up on SpareRoom.com, then the room is still available.

About meeting other climbers, there are a few clubs that operate close by - Keswick, Kendal and Eden Valley. They all have regular evening and weekend meets. I went to the Keswick meets for a couple of years, when I first moved to Penrith, it was great to get some local knowledge and be shown all the best crags, they are a friendly bunch too, but as with a lot of climbing clubs these days it's an older crowd, if that matters. If you're into bouldering, Eden Rock (Carlisle) only about 25 mins away and is a good place to meet people and has some really well set routes. There is also a wall in Penrith, but I've never been! I've always gone to Eden Rock or Kendal Wall. Saying all that, I've met my best partners/friends here on UKC!
Post edited at 14:44
 ABurridge 04 Aug 2017
In reply to Mike Hewitt:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for all the info on where to meet climbers. It's the same in Pembrokeshire when I joined the Climbing club here so perfectly used to that.

The paperwork has been taking forever but I finally have a start date. I see you have just started advertising the room again with availablity from September which would work perfectly for me. I am hoping to head to Scotland around the 23rd August so would it be possible to arrange a viewing around then if the room doesn't go.

Thanks,

Andy

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...