Vivaro Camper - Non-Standard Conversion

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 chris_woodsy 26 Feb 2017
premier post photo
Vauxhall Vivaro 1.9 CTDI LWB 2006 - £11,995 (ONO)

For sale is my Vivaro camper. This van was converted by me over the course of the previous year. I worked on the principle of converting, road testing and improving. The current offering is the final iteration of this process.

The Vivaro is a nonstandard conversion offering a truly unique climber van. I have travelled the crags of Europe in this van and it didn’t let me down once, moreover, I regularly received positive comments on the conversion from strangers and climbers alike.

The conversion is subtle from the outside for remaining covert, but inside it is unrecognisable form the builders van it once was. The layout is focused around a large corner sofa / bed that can seat 5 comfortably and provides ample storage beneath. There is also a fully functioning kitchen, and large half-height cabinet.

Below is a list of the vehicle and conversion attributes, I’m sure to have forgotten some things, so I have compiled a document detailing the conversion with loads of pictures and text: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1XIZtA8yzBiSW9xd0pESVp2RU0 .

VEHICLE
Central locking, PAS, big service history, deadlocks, alarm, 96k, silver, recent service, 6 months MOT

CONVERSION
Floor: fully insulated (rigid foam, hardboard, vapour lined soft foam) oak effect laminated floor.
Walls/Roof: Insulated (earthwool, rigid foam and soft foam), ply lined and carpeted.
Bed: Custom corner sofa with pull-out section to make 6’ x 4’ double bed.
Cushions: Custom cushions, piping, concealed zips.
Cabinet: timber frame, tongue and groove, solid beech hinged top, hinged front door.
Kitchen: Timber frame, tongue and groove, solid beech worktop, 2 x pine tambour doors.
Appliances: 2 burner hob, stainless steel sink, Waeco MF-15 fridge, micro switch tap.
Stereo: 2 x alpine speakers, 800W stereo, auxiliary input.
Electronics: 115Ah leisure battery, voltage sensing relay (alternator charging), 100W semi-flexible solar panel, solar controller, 1000W inverter, mains hook-up, 2 x USB charger, cigarette lighter.
Lighting: 6 x dimmable ceiling mounted LED spotlights, dimmable LED fairy lights (roof and cabinet), LED adjustable reading light.
Windows: Near-side tinted window, off-side sliding tinted window.
Curtains: Cab curtain, 2 x fitted rear window curtains.
Table: Solid beech, attaches to cabinet.
Swivel seat: Double passenger chair swivel seat.
Safety: 12v gas alarm, CO2 alarm, CO alarm, fire extinguisher, fire blanket.
Classification: DVLA motorhome reclassified

Vehicle is based in Stroud, Gloucestershire. Happy to answer questions and consider reasonable offers.
 JayPee630 27 Feb 2017
In reply to chris_woodsy:

Wow! Beautiful van!

I can vouch for the comfort and cosiness of an L-shaped layout. We did ours the same way.

When I first looked at your van I was surprised you fitted the kitchen unit in lengthways; I was thinking "these guys must be 5' tall! The I spotted it's a long wheel base!

Nice van.
 tehmarks 03 Mar 2017

That is one beautiful conversion - I wish I was in a position to consider it!
 Tom Valentine 05 Mar 2017

That is a nice job.
Thought of going into business, expand into the T5 market and make a hole into all those boring rock n roll conversions?
 Snax 08 Mar 2017

Very nice looking van!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...