In North Wales tomorrow - What to do?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom F Harding 13 Jan 2017
As proper climbing seems like a no go this weekend, can anyone suggest a good alternative option?
 TobyA 13 Jan 2017
In reply to Tom F Harding:

I've also been humming and hawing about whether to drive over for tomorrow, but it looks a bit marginal so the drive doesn't seem worth it. Go and scramble one of the mega classic circuits? I'm sure Crib Goch will feel wintery.

I see people have recorded gullies on Y Garn today, I can't imagine they were in terribly good condition!
OP Tom F Harding 13 Jan 2017
In reply to TobyA:

Cheers Toby, seems like the best option. Shame it was looking a bit promising at the start of the week, these polar vortex bombs (or whatever they have been called) have ended up being pretty limp. How much snow cover is there at the moment?
 TobyA 13 Jan 2017

Yes, I was hopeful in the same way earlier this week. I noticed that the Helvellyn fell top assessor report today said specifically - sorry climbers, the turf isn't frozen even at the top.

I've been reading Simon Richardson's Chasing the Ephemeral and have been trying to apply his thinking to England and Wales, but 200 kms further south and 200 mtrs lower in height and I guess sometimes it just doesn't work!
OP Tom F Harding 13 Jan 2017
In reply to TobyA:

There's always next year
 ben b 13 Jan 2017

i always found the round of Moel Siabod from point Cyfyng a great lousy weather alternative. Interesting approach through the old mines, scope to play on Ddaer Ddu, and good views if the clan goes away.

b

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...