Homemadeclimbingstuff chalkbags

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Superb - ordered on late monday afternoon, despatched tuesday, received wednesday and it's fantastic!

I'm now the proud owner of a bespoke chalkbag with "Grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat" on it!

Tops marks to Drew, very impressed that you also give some of your earnings to charity - ta for the surprise, I'll give some money to your charity for that - it fair made me smile.

GBPCG

xx
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat: Hi, have just seen drews website and recognize him from the leeds wall. Must have a word and order one.

http://www.homemadeclimbingstuff.com/home.htm
 dirtbag1 05 Jun 2008
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat:
Thanks for that mate, I had a walk around the respite homes the charity http://www.wilfward.org.uk/ funds the other day and it's a real pleasure to work with these guys. The people involved (as so often seems to be the case) are magic, such good fun and so passionate about what they do. Inspirational to me.
When I started the business it seemed natural to give back whatever I could to help other people less fortunate than myself. The thought of putting the money into a bolting fund or similar seemed ridiculous after looking into how under-funded charities such as this one were.
During a visit there I was told by the manageress how their day-care centre was having to close due to lack of money. This is not a facility that doesn't get used, it's very popular, offering last minute respite to 'service users' and giving carers a much deserved break to go shopping or just to switch off and be themselves for a few hours.
If my meagre donation can help in anyway, even if it'll just buy a new armchair for the Sensory Room, that'll make me feel great and hopefully that feeling will pass on to my customers, who I thank for supporting us in this (cheers GBPCG).
Thanks
Drew
ypy 05 Jun 2008
In reply to dirtbag1:

you got a picture of said chalkbag?
 diggers 05 Jun 2008
In reply to dirtbag1: do you make rope bags.... if not can you?
 dirtbag1 05 Jun 2008
In reply to diggers:
I'm not making ropebags yet, when I first started the company I had loads of products ready for market. But as demand for the stuff grew I had to streamline the range to keep up with it, hence messenger bags and ropebags had to be temporarily dropped. As soon as I can afford to employ someone else I'll bring them back in, but until then I'm only doing 2 sizes of chalkbag, bouldering buckets, chalkbag belts, t-shirts and hoodies.
Thanks for asking mate.
 dirtbag1 05 Jun 2008
In reply to ypy:
Lots of pictures on the website of chalkbags,
but no piccies of GrumpyBearPantsClimbingGoat's bag I'm afraid.
I'm still waiting for the profile photo he threatened of his 'bear' bum with said chalkbag!
D
ypy 05 Jun 2008
You do t-shirts?? I would be interested.

By the way I was the lad at the end of the BLCC's who mentioned a sequin chalk bag. I think I am going off the idea, slowly realising it won't look bling (in an ironic way), I'll just look really gay!
In reply to dirtbag1:
> (In reply to ypy)
> Lots of pictures on the website of chalkbags,
> but no piccies of GrumpyBearPantsClimbingGoat's bag I'm afraid.
> I'm still waiting for the profile photo he threatened of his 'bear' bum with said chalkbag!
> D

The photo mods are uber-sharp and haven't let it be my profile pic as yet (fingers crossed) but for all the lovely people out there;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96888164@N00/2553502948/
 Bill Davidson 05 Jun 2008
In reply to ypy:
> You do t-shirts?? I would be interested.
>
> By the way I was the lad at the end of the BLCC's who mentioned a sequin chalk bag. I think I am going off the idea, slowly realising it won't look bling (in an ironic way), I'll just look really gay!

But really, really brave for admitting it
 dirtbag1 05 Jun 2008
In reply to ypy:
I remember you. I do have some gold snakeskin which may 'suit you sir', possibly better than sequins anyway.
I'll try and put some clothing on the website today.
Cheers D
In reply to dirtbag1:
> (In reply to ypy)
> I'll try and put some clothing on the website today.
> Cheers D

You could be costing me money at this rate!

<sneeks off to think of a few ideas for t-shirts>
 IainWhitehouse 05 Jun 2008
In reply to grumpybearpantsclimbinggoat:
> (In reply to dirtbag1)
> [...]
>
> The photo mods are uber-sharp and haven't let it be my profile pic as yet (fingers crossed) but for all the lovely people out there;
>
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/96888164@N00/2553502948/

What is that metal abomination atop your chalkbag???
In reply to IainWhitehouse: That is one of the first snapgates I bought in 1988.
 diggers 05 Jun 2008
In reply to dirtbag1: No worries - I will just have to have a go myself! Go luck with everything

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...