Grivel Wing V DMM Superfly

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ian.Hogg 06 Mar 2008
Has anyone experience of these axes they would like to offer. Use will be first trip for general Alpine mixed climbing up to AD on neve / ice gullies / slopes up to 60 degrees, with some practice on vertical ice falls on glaciers. Looking for comments /experience how you found them in use and if either have particular advantages for this range of activity. Thanks. also what you would recommend re leashes. Also would you suggest / recommend other makes / models for this range of climbing. Thanks.
Simon05 06 Mar 2008
In reply to ianghogg: I have used Alp wings for some years now and have found them perfect for most situations. On pure ice in the alps I have used them with the cascade picks and horns leashless, for scotland the goulette picks fitted as standard are totally bomber in all situations. The goulettes are quite thick though for use on water ice hence the swap to cascades. Without the horns fitted, the shaft plunges easily too.

However, I like them but you need to try them against the flys for yourself. The best axe is the one that feels right and not the one with the best write up.
Simon05 06 Mar 2008
In reply to Gen: Forgot to add, the alp wings are no longer made, so if you decide on a pair move quickly as they are still available

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...