1st British Ascent of Omega on Petit Jorasses

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Briggs 12 Jan 2005
Nick Bullock and Stuart McAleese have been doing the business last week. See news:
http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/

Al Evans 12 Jan 2005
In reply to Tom, UKC News Editor: Must forget it and they forgest where does it goes? the hell it is. It did the second? Brit ascent of the West Face in 1960ish's.
 sg 12 Jan 2005
In reply to Al Evans:
> (In reply to Tom, UKC News Editor) Must forget it and they forgest where does it goes? the hell it is. It did the second? Brit ascent of the West Face in 1960ish's.

I am not understanding your post mr evans. should the words be in a different order?

sutty 12 Jan 2005
In reply to sg:

I think Al meant he did the second brit ascent of the normal route on the west face of the Petite Jorasses. I think an Irish party did the first with Ronnie Wathen. Read report in OUMC journal.
 Al Evans 13 Jan 2005
In reply to sutty: Thanks Sutty, we did it after Joe and Dons ascent,, I'd really like this new look route goes.
Al.
 DougG 13 Jan 2005
In reply to Tom, UKC News Editor:

Sorry to be a pedantic bastard but it should be Petites Jorasses.

Congrats to all concerned, anyway.
OP Tom Briggs 13 Jan 2005
In reply to DougG:
> (In reply to Tom, UKC News Editor)
>
> Sorry to be a pedantic bastard but it should be Petites Jorasses.

Grrr. Thanks - now changed.

Slugain Howff 13 Jan 2005

Can I be an equally pedantic bastard and suggest that it should read "helicopter" and "rotten".

Slug doon unner
OP Tom Briggs 13 Jan 2005
In reply to Slugain Howff:

Thanks. Must get Nick Smith to build a spell checker into the systam!
 Doug 13 Jan 2005
or even into the system

and has anyone managed to translate Als message into English yet ?
GBriffett 13 Jan 2005
In reply to Doug:

Congratulations to Stuart and Nick.

I dont know Nick, but Stuart is one of those super enthusiastic but incredibly modest characters who always has the time to ask what you've been up to. I'm not sure I've ever met a more talented modest bloke to be honest.

Glen 13 Jan 2005
In reply to Al Evans:
> (In reply to Tom, UKC News Editor) Must forget it and they forgest where does it goes? the hell it is. It did the second? Brit ascent of the West Face in 1960ish's.

Al, when you have recovered from your hangover, can you please explain what this means?:P
guy willett 13 Jan 2005
In reply to Glucose: This is in reply to the confusion over west face route. Omega is a completely independant line to the classic west face route, that until now had not been repeated. Congrats to the bullock and stu, but I would like to point out that I am more talented and modest than stu.
 Al Evans 13 Jan 2005
In reply to Glen: OK, sorry it dig come out of garbled didnt it I usually edit my posts, and forgot do it with this one, I think Sutty did it for me ok though
Billy da kid 14 Jan 2005
In reply to guy willett: Tw*t!
Grinning Donkey 15 Jan 2005
In reply to Doug:
> (In reply to Tom, UKC News Editor)
> or even into the system
>
> and has anyone managed to translate Als message into English yet ?

Yeah, What Al meant to say was 'But what's he ever done on grit?'
 vscott 17 Jan 2005
 vscott 17 Jan 2005

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...