Rescue at scugdale today

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ebdon 16 Mar 2024

I just wanted to say a big thanks to the guys who helped me down to the Road today, and the mountain rescue teamwork looked after me. I'm currently waiting for an operation on my arm and In whole world of pain now the drugs have warned off.

Moral of the story. Comminting to rounded sandy top outs on your own really isn't worth it sometimes 

Post edited at 21:04
 TobyA 16 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

Get well soon man! Hope it's not too big an op and you make a quick recovery.

OP ebdon 16 Mar 2024
In reply to TobyA:

Cheers

TobyA 16 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

Ouch! Is that blood on your troos? Hope it's not quite as bad as it looks.   

OP ebdon 16 Mar 2024
In reply to TobyA:

Yes, I think I had some bone sticking out of elbow, so fekin annoying a winter of training wipedout in a stupid moment of overconfidence.

Also nor impressed by what three words trying to spell on the phone whilst hyperventilating through pain quite hard

Jon Read 16 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

Wishing you a fast recovery. Am wincing in sympathy. 

mrjonathanr 16 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

Yikes, hope that mends soon!

Offwidth 16 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

Sorry to hear this. Get well soon.

Michael Hood 16 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

Ouch, that is not a good ending to your earlier request for Scugdale doggy info.

Get well soon, and hope you're getting at least some sympathy from the Mrs.

C Witter 17 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

Oh crap! Mend well and all best

C Witter 17 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

p.s. bonus points for having logged your climbs, despite a broken arm. That's commitment!

OP ebdon 17 Mar 2024
In reply to C Witter:

I've nowt else to do! Currently waiting on the ward for an operation this afternoon. Apparently I didn't actually break anything but lots of soft tissue damage, which I think is possibley worse....

C Witter 17 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

Sorry to hear that, sounds tough. Perhaps it will be less bad than you understandably fear. Mend well and do post an update. Sending sympathy.

OP ebdon 17 Mar 2024
In reply to C Witter:

Thanks, and thanks to everyone else on the thread for your support.

Cgazon 17 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

Hi Tom, it’s Chris the climber who helped you down yesterday. Glad you are getting fixed up hope the operation goes ok.

just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery, and who knows might see you at the crags soon.

all the best

chris 

OP ebdon 17 Mar 2024
In reply to Cgazon:

Thanks Chris for keeping calm and sorting everything out, it would have all been a bit Doug Scot without you and the two walkers. I definitely owe you one (and Cleveland MR).

Cgazon 17 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

👍I’ll bring some more pads next time you are up in Yorkshire!

In reply to ebdon:

Any update? Op going ahead? Gone ok?

Fingers crossed for 6 probably still raining anyway weeks in a cast then back on it.

Post edited at 13:09
 tehmarks 17 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

Ouch hope you have a speedy recovery.

OP ebdon 17 Mar 2024
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Just got out of surgery. It doesn't sound good, i have torn all the ligaments😬

spenser 17 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

Torn ligaments are an arse, best wishes for them getting you sorted out. Falling off at the top of Scugdale never particularly appealed, rope or pad!

jon 17 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

Hope it all works out. All the best...

Michael Hood 17 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

> Just got out of surgery. It doesn't sound good, i have torn all the ligaments😬

Hmm, take your time, recover properly and fully rather than quickly

In reply to ebdon:

> Just got out of surgery. It doesn't sound good, i have torn all the ligaments😬

Balls. I guess like others have said listen to the physiopathists and rehab it properly then. Still might not rule out getting out before summer's over....

If nothing else, by logging it as 'sent' you might at least make Best of UKC 😉

Iamgregp 18 Mar 2024
In reply to ebdon:

Sorry to hear you’ve done yourself a bit of a mischief. Wishing you well and all the best for your recovery.

You’ll be back, of that I have no doubt, just concentrate on recovery and healing and you’ll be reet.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...