Parking in the Pass

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 maninblack 04 Sep 2020

According to the tabloid junk that my smartphone delivers on my news app parking in Llanberis Pass is verboten at weekends. I've no interest in going to the car park at the top of the pass but are the pull outs by Cromlech and Carreg etc cordoned off or are they still open to anyone who gets there early enough?? Any different during weekdays? Also, if they are full does a bus service do drop offs there or only go to the car park and back non stop.? Thanks 

Plasynant 04 Sep 2020
In reply to maninblack:

The park and ride service from Nant Peris operates everyday . The pull ins / lay-bys are open in the week . Parking anywhere near pen y pass is a definite no ,  You will be towed away . 

ianstevens 04 Sep 2020
In reply to Plasynant:

Lay-bys are also open at the weekend. Tabloids et al are making a “big” deal, but there are only 2 real changes:

1. Booking at Pen-y-Pass

2. If you park illegally you’ll get towed rather than just fined

Dax H 04 Sep 2020
In reply to maninblack:

I went down that way at 0930 on Tuesday. Every lay-by was packed and the carpark had a full sign up and it looked full.

Came back that way at about 1500 and it was the same situation.

I didn't see any illegal parking though.

tingle 04 Sep 2020
In reply to maninblack:

Last friday/saturday the lay-bys were open to use but everyone who was parked on the pavement by ogwen were being scooped up sharpish

In reply to maninblack:

Still spaces at the grochan 20 mins ago

OP maninblack 04 Sep 2020
In reply to Plasynant:

Good to know. Will the bus from Nant Peris drop climbers off along the way? Or is it an 'express' that only stops at the top?

Thanks 

Plasynant 04 Sep 2020
In reply to maninblack:

Yes I think they will if you ask . 

OP maninblack 04 Sep 2020
In reply to Plasynant:

Thanks. 

dinodinosaur 04 Sep 2020
In reply to maninblack:

We have caught a taxi recently from the farmers parking just up the way from the park and ride parking to the cromlech boulders. A little expensive but worth it to actually get to climb in the pass when it's in condition and on a weekend 

Post edited at 16:52
 ebdon 04 Sep 2020
In reply to maninblack:

Does anyone know if there any bike racks in any laybys in the pass?

Chris_Mellor 05 Sep 2020
In reply to ebdon:

I think not. Take locks and chains!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...