Buoux Face Ouest

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gallam1 15 Dec 2020

For anyone who missed it (which must be a lot of people given the number of views), this is a beautiful video that just catches the feel of the Face Ouest perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=likl4m9WDrM&lc=UgzDrHI7uVoyZoJHRX54AaAB...

Jon Read 17 Dec 2020
In reply to gallam1:

Pity they've focused on one of the worst routes there! (disclaimer, I've not done it, but it looks a bit too eliminate for me, compared the the soaring grooves, walls and aretes in the vicinity)

Iamgregp 17 Dec 2020
In reply to gallam1:

Lovely!

The rock looks quite similar to Finale, white, pockmarked but relatively featureless.... Challenging stuff!

jon 17 Dec 2020
In reply to Jon Read:

Oh, that's a shame, I thought it looked brilliant, Jon!!! Too hard for my old gnarly fingers, though, that's for sure... though I take your point, of course.

john arran 18 Dec 2020
In reply to Jon Read:

I may be a little biased as it was my first onsight of the grade but I remember it being a route that climbs really well, having pockets that are only just big enough (hence the elephant's nightmare) appear just when you really need them. I agree though that it isn't the best choice for distance drone shots as the beauty is on a much more macro level and it does look like one of the more striking features would look far better from that distance

Jon Read 18 Dec 2020
In reply to john arran:

Here are a couple of wobb;y drone videos of some of the other routes nearby, don't watch if you get motion sickness though!

Cococaline 7a  youtube.com/watch?v=sX2imLdE-dc&

Le Loir 7a & Exquise Esquisse 7b(+the rest)  youtube.com/watch?v=PgZ52OIgn4M& 

john arran 18 Dec 2020
In reply to Jon Read:

Wow, I see what you mean. That first one is truly vomit-inducing. What were they thinking when they decided that would be a good idea?

jon 18 Dec 2020
In reply to Jon Read:

Yes, how to ruin potentially great videos.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...