Brits through in the Bouldering Championships

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 stp 12 Sep 2018

Nathan Philips and Billy Ridal both made it through to the semis this morning in the Boulder World Championships in Innsbruck. Nathan placed 9th and Billy 13th, both getting 3 tops each. This is particularly impressive given the very large and strong field. For instance neither Alex Megos (21st) nor Adam Ondra (47th) qualified.

Hope they both do well in the semis.

Jernej Kruder and Tomoa Narasaki go through in joint first place.

galpinos 12 Sep 2018
In reply to stp:

Hannah Slaney is through as well (qualified yesterday).

OP stp 12 Sep 2018
In reply to stp:

Whoops Hadn't realised it was still going on. It's taking hours! Anyway Ondra is now through to 7th place bumping Billy Ridal down to 15th. Nathan stays at 9th as he was in the other group.

Andy Say 12 Sep 2018
In reply to stp:

I did have a slight double-take at Ondra placing 47th

Pedro50 12 Sep 2018
In reply to Andy Say:

Fake news is ubiquitous! 

galpinos 12 Sep 2018
In reply to stp:

how many go through and where are you getting the positions from, the (awful) IFSC site?

In reply to galpinos:

10 go through from each group.

I have access to the actual results service so I don't have to use the website

john arran 12 Sep 2018
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

That's lucky for you. It's almost - but not quite - as bad as 8a.nu!

galpinos 12 Sep 2018
In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Lucky you!

Are the results final now? Nathan Philips and Billy Ridal and Matt Cousins missing out in 13th? Did Barrans compete?

In reply to galpinos:

Matt was 17th in his group so 33rd overall.

I guess Dave wasn't there as I can't see any results for him.

Edited as just found the up to date rankings for the overall https://wettkampf.austriaclimbing.com/kvoe/rk_ergebnis.php

Post edited at 17:39
OP stp 12 Sep 2018
In reply to galpinos:

The results are here:

http://www.ifsc-climbing.org/index.php/world-competition#!comp=1564&cat...

20 go through to the semis.

Interestingly almost everyone else in the semis (apart from a couple of guys coming through from the juniors) has made World Cup finals and most of those have also made podiums. Half of the semi-finalists have won at some point or another. The men's field is so competitive, very impressed they've made it this far.

AlanLittle 13 Sep 2018
In reply to stp:

Miho way ahead of Janja and Akiyo in Speed, but not enough to move her to the top of the combined ranking. Good. Nothing against Miho, but I'm sure we can all agree on wanting to see Speed have as little influence as possible on the overall result.

Nor did Alex Megos' proud *last place* among the men who actually finished suffice to drop him out of the top 20.

Post edited at 17:30

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...