Worms head multipitches?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 tomthetraddad 13 Jun 2022

Hi!

I recently went on holiday to Rhossili and being a trad climber all I could do was day dream about the big wall on the worms head! According to the South West Climbing Wiki there is a voluntary ban and no routes on the head wall. 

Does anyone know why there is a ban is if there is any likelihood of it being lifted? Is it because the rock isn't suitable or something else?

Thanks

ebdon 13 Jun 2022
In reply to tomthetraddad:

I'm pretty sure I'm correct in saying its banned as it's a bird colony and I wouldn't imagine the banned status will change anytime soon.  Also theres no shortage of established adventurous trad around that stretch if costline.

Nutty 13 Jun 2022
In reply to tomthetraddad:

It also says on the South Wales Climbing Wiki that "Climbing on the Worms Head itself is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. To ignore this ban could jeopardise access to many other cliffs on Gower and it should be strictly adhered to."

I'd assume this is part of the access arrangements with the National Trust on the Gower. It could be to protect flora/fauna or for other considerations but it doesn't sound likely that it'll be lifted from that wording.

OP tomthetraddad 13 Jun 2022
In reply to Nutty:

Aah fair enough, was more curious than anything because it looked mega!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...