Toprope redpoint ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 kottika 12 Feb 2024

Hello,

I'm sorry for the simple question (haven't found it while searching)

How do you call successfully climbing a route /toprope/ without falling or resting on the rope, having previously tried and failed to climb the route cleanly, either on toprope or lead? Like : I tried leading it, couldn't, and then retried and finished it but toprope. Or I tried it toprope last week, and this time i finished it, still toprope, without hanging on the rope.

It's not a repeat, because it's a consecutive attempt that is successful for the first time. It's not an onsight nor flashing, because it's not a first attempt. It's not a redpoint, because it's not lead climbing but toprope. I'd personnally call that "finished it" but it's not an option on Rockfax/UKC.

It is possible on Rockfax/UKC to log an ascent as "toprope redpoint" and I think that's what I am going to continue logging, but I'm still curious and I do like words Don't shame or name me a nazi for asking, thank you

Post edited at 00:19
 dr evil 12 Feb 2024
In reply to kottika:

Yellowpoint

Cake 12 Feb 2024
In reply to kottika:

It's not a category on ukc, but it's just a "clean toprope"

In reply to kottika:

Just log it as toprope RP. You've toproped it after working the moves. I promise nobody will express a concern that you've done that.

UKC can't have a category for every exact flavour of doggery. This one especially I can't see them getting the devs out of the dark cupboard for.

McHeath 12 Feb 2024
In reply to Longsufferingropeholder:

Appropriate that you should give this good reply; sounds like you have a lot of experience with the matter

Michael Gordon 12 Feb 2024
In reply to kottika:

TR (toprope)

mrjonathanr 12 Feb 2024
In reply to kottika:

linked, TR

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...