fist bumps aloft

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 travelguy 04 Mar 2023

A while ago here in El Chorro where I live, I began doing 'fist bumps' whenever I was/am near another climber, whether ascending or descending (never when either would fall!-usually when one has just made a clip from a solid stance and the other is descending) and now other climbers have been copying me so I figure maybe others would like to join in this silly but fun action.

if both climbers are close enough, just reach across and bump fists. It gets lots of smiles from the climbers and also the belayers and others at the base of the climbs. It is easy to do here where many climbs are close together.

Lankyman 04 Mar 2023
In reply to travelguy:

I just bare my arse cheeks. It gets lots of smiles too.

montyjohn 04 Mar 2023
In reply to Lankyman:

Where and when are you climbing next? Asking for a friend.

Robert Durran 04 Mar 2023
In reply to travelguy:

How awful.

LeeWood 04 Mar 2023
In reply to travelguy:

You go out of your way to break social distancing ??

Sounds appropriate for someone you know ... who has just completed a best flash ...

stani 06 Mar 2023
In reply to travelguy:

I'm not following at all.... ??

What's all this in aid of??

Cheers

PaulJepson 06 Mar 2023
In reply to travelguy:

Dab. Invalidates your ascent. 

chris_r 06 Mar 2023
In reply to montyjohn:

> Where and when are you climbing next? Asking for a friend.

What size of friend?

Ciro 06 Mar 2023
In reply to stani:

> I'm not following at all.... ??

> What's all this in aid of??

I reckon it's an elaborate cover up for dealing drugs at the crag. Watch closely - there will be a "fist bump" with one guy half way up the route, who will send a signal to another guy near the top, and another "fist bump" will happen when the punter gets up there.

Bulls Crack 06 Mar 2023
In reply to travelguy:

Could introduce it on North Stack Wall? 

tehmarks 06 Mar 2023
In reply to travelguy:

You've misunderstood the universal etiquette of fist bump. Fist-bumping in advance of doing something worthy is considered to bestow awful luck. If you fist-bump an 'ascending' climber, you've basically just blown their onsight. Which is just mean. Unless your mate is about to send your project, in which case I guess you better start rigging the ab rope now.

Post edited at 18:50
 Bulls Crack 06 Mar 2023
In reply to travelguy:

Sounds like the routes have been packed-in  too much

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...