Two New Lakeland Climbing Centres to open in NW

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Kendal Wall 30 Mar 2021
premier post photo

Lancaster Wall & Preston Wall

Have you heard the news? Kendal Wall is set to expand its climbing centre knowledge and expertise to bring you not one but two new centres! We are taking over the climbing facility at West View Leisure Centre in Preston and opening a completely new bouldering centre in Lancaster.

A few juicy details for those of you interested in what climbing developments we have in store.

At Preston we are committed to:

• adding 1,000 square metres of new climbing walls
  • revamping the existing climbing walls, with a new lead wall
  • a complete refresh of the bouldering, which will be set up in a separate adjacent hall

At Lancaster we will have:

• 700m2+ of climbing surface
  • a modern, purpose-built bouldering wall
  • features including lots of exciting new angles, free standing boulders, state of the art training area, digi-boards and free weights
  • a handy location close to Lancaster 

If you are a Kendal Wall regular this will mean you can have one registration and membership covering all three fantastic North West climbing centres. We are really excited for this next phase of development, during this our 25th anniversary year!  For the low down all the developments as they happen and future employment opportunities, don’t forget to follow us on the usual social media platforms.

treesrockice 30 Mar 2021
In reply to Kendal Wall:

Where abouts in Lancaster will the new wall be? Looking forward to it opening!

Kieran_John 01 Apr 2021
In reply to Kendal Wall:

As an occasional Barrovian, this is exciting news! Don't you guys also have Vauxwall and a few others dotted around? I'm sure I've been to most of them when I used to travel the country with work.

Looking forward to calling in to these on my travels!

C Witter 07 Apr 2021
In reply to treesrockice:

I was wondering the same. I immediately thought of old Friary, but someone told me the building has structural issues. It's also not really that big. Perhaps it will end up on the Lune Industrial estate?

treesrockice 15 Jun 2021
In reply to C Witter:

> I was wondering the same. I immediately thought of old Friary, but someone told me the building has structural issues. It's also not really that big. Perhaps it will end up on the Lune Industrial estate?

It's due to be here: Lancaster Wall, 31 Europa Way, Lancaster, LA1 5SA

C Witter 15 Jun 2021
In reply to treesrockice:

Ta!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...