Rare and classic books for sale, some signed. All

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Linda Orritt 30 Sep 2023

All books are hardback and first edition in great condition ( for age - where old) unless otherwise stated. Postage not included but I will arrange to deliver expensive books where possible. 

Peter Boardman Sacred Summits.  Signed by Paul Braithwaite and Ang Phurba    £23

Chris Bonington   Ascent. Signed by Chris, John Porter, Paul Braithwaite , Paul Ross and Leo Houlding.      £43

Martin Boysen. Hanging On  signed by Martin, Paul Braithwaite and Chris Bonington.  £27

Adrian and Alan Burgess.  Book of Lies   £43

Crew/Soper/Wilson. The Black Cliff.  Signed by Paul Braithwaite.       £43

John Cleare/Tony Smythe.  Rock Climbers in action in Snowdonia.  Ken Wilsons copy with his name written in in pencil. Given to me by Phil Kelly to sell.     £43

Ronald Faux. Everest Goddess of the Wind. Signed by Ronald Faux, John Porter, Paul Braithwaite, Jamling Tenzing, Peter Hillary, Brian Hall and Chris Bonington.    £47

Alex Honnold with David Roberts  Alone on the Wall    £19

Leo Houlding. Closer to the Edge. ( shortlisted for this years Boardman Tasker). Signed by Leo, Chris Bonington, and Kevin Thaw.  £27

T E Lawrence. Seven Pillars of Wisdom. 1st/2nd imp 1935.     £37

Hamish McInnes. Climb to the Lost World. Tipped in signature of Hamish.    £27

Robert McFarlane. The Wild Places. Boardman Tasker Award Winner 2007. Signed by Robert McFarlane.    £37

Gwen Moffat (99 now!)  Space Below My Feet. Signed by Gwen.   £47

Catherine Moorehead.  Mountain Guru. The Life of Doug Scott. ( new release)  Signed by Catherine , Chris Bonington, Paul Braithwaite, Trish Scott, Guy Lee, John Porter, Rob Lorge, Glyn Utting and Steve Goodwin.   £47

James Morris. Coronation Everest. 
Tipped in signature of Jan Morris. Rare book.  £157

Doug Scott. The Ogre. Signed by Doug Scott, Clive Rowland, Chris Bonington and Paul Braithwaite.    £47

Doug Scott and Alex MacIntyre. Shisha Pangma. Paperback Signed by Doug, Paul Braithwaite and Chris Bonington.   £27

Doug Scott. Up and About. Special Ltd Edition number 237/300  Signed by Doug, Clive Rowland, Chris Bonington and Paul Braithwaite.   £47

Frank S Smythe. 2 Book package Kangchenjunga Adventure 1931 edition and the smaller black jacket edition which is signed. “Yours sincerely Frank Smythe” (Prev owners name is written in).  £97 for both. 

Joe Tasker. Everest the Cruel Way. Signed John Porter and Brian Hall.   £27

Extreme Rock. Hard Rock and Classic Rock bundle of 3. Extreme is signed by James McHaffie. Hard Rock is a 2nd ed.    £197 for 3. 

Edward Whymper. Scrambles Amongst the Alps. True first edition of 1871. In Green and Gold binding. All 5 maps present. Some slackening of the binding in the rear page area. Copies on the internet are over £4/500.  Very Rare Book.     £273. 

OP Linda Orritt 01 Oct 2023
In reply to Linda Orritt:

Extreme Rock bundle now sold. Thank you

Gary Gibson 01 Oct 2023
In reply to Linda Orritt: no copies of my autobiography I see but they are almost sold out

OP Linda Orritt 01 Oct 2023

The Black Cliff

Rock Climbers in action in Snowdonia

Leo Houlding’s book

and Mountain Guru are all now sold. 
Thank you. 

henry.jeffreys 02 Oct 2023

Thanks Linda!

OP Linda Orritt 02 Oct 2023

The title should have said All profits to Community Action Nepal- it stopped at ‘All’ for some reason. 

OP Linda Orritt 03 Oct 2023

Gwen Moffat, The Smythe books and the Edward Whymper now sold. Thank you

OP Linda Orritt 06 Oct 2023

Just a week left on this post. Am I pricing Ascent and Hanging on too high? They never sell. I’m open to offer if you think any are priced too high? 

abcdefg 07 Oct 2023

> Just a week left on this post.

Since your efforts are all to do with a worthy charitable cause associated with climbing and mountaineering, I would have hoped that this site would cut you some slack - or, indeed, make your posts available for free. I hope that might be the case in future.

> Am I pricing Ascent and Hanging on too high? They never sell. I’m open to offer if you think any are priced too high? 

I'll put my money where my mouth is, and take 'Ascent.' I'll be in touch via email.

OP Linda Orritt 08 Oct 2023
In reply to abcdefg:

Thank you very much. 

OP Linda Orritt 08 Oct 2023

Ascent now sold. Thank you 

OP Linda Orritt 11 Oct 2023

All the books left are now £25. Except Coronation Everest!  This post finishes on Saturday and I’m hoping to turn the books into funds for Community Action. I also have 2 ice axes for sale ( gifted to me). One is a brand new Black Diamond, the other is a vintage wooden handled ice axe. Looking for £40 or such for them. 

Graham Booth 13 Oct 2023

Hi, I will have the ogre if it’s free? And Sisha

OP Linda Orritt 13 Oct 2023
In reply to Graham Booth:

Thank you Graham. Please email me with your address and I will post them to you

Graham Booth 14 Oct 2023

Will do!

abcdefg 14 Oct 2023

> Ascent now sold. Thank you 

Received in good order; exactly as described; packed in a way which would survive a nuclear blast; and accompanied by a completely unexpected - but very welcome - present.

Thanks very much Linda! I appreciate and respect the work that you do.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...