/ FS: Lovely Van For Dirtbags with Standards
Huddersfield, W. Yorkshire
I'm looking for a new home for my beloved, self-converted '02 Peugeot Boxer, Bobby (aka the "hotel" of van life). He's is fully kitted out and ready to go (everything you need except a toilet...but I can throw in a trowel?). Perfect timing for a Spring getaway. I lived in him for 6 months but he's also great for the weekend warrior. I love him to pieces, and have invested lots into keeping him mechanically sound. But I'm moving abroad and to a city, where I just won't use him 😔 Two careful owners: me, and the police. He was a surveillance van, that's why the mileage is so low.
* 83,000 miles
* 2002 Reg
* 2.8l engine (has done very well on the Autobahn ;-))
* new clutch in Sept 18
* new exhaust in Sept 18
* belts changed in Jul 16
* MOT until July 2019
* all new tyres in Dec 17
* because the police do their own in-house services, he doesn't have a "full" service history, but I've got him serviced every year since I had him.
* the body was resprayed when I bought it but...there are some scratches one both sides
* surface rust on the wheel trims and along the bottom, but not a problem
* Very low tech vehicle: no central locking or electric windows, or a/c = less to go wrong!
* very nice condition cab
* tape player stereo but I'll throw in my adapter so you can listen to your phone etc
* 3 seatbelts in front
* insulated with thermal insulation foil roll and Thinsulate
* roof and floor insulated with celotex
* Origo 3000 two burner alcohol fuel stove
* Waeco matic CR50 fridge (with freezer shelf too)
* solar panel, battery (with split charger in addition to solar charger). (I cannot remember the specifics but I can update the post later)
* invertor with both plug socket (European - but I you can use it with an adapter) and USB socket
* 3 x LED lights (running off the solar) with 3 levels of brightness...hello mood lighting!
* 1 x small skylight
* 1 x HUGE skylight over the bed
* IKEA foam Morgedal mattress. Bed width is a large double (140cm); length 180cm (shorter than a standard double). There is also a "bed extension" so that the taller buyer can sleep length-ways.
* the sofa lifts up with storage underneath
* there is a large "garage area" under the bed, which can be accessed by the back door. Loads of storage, big enough for bikes if you take the front wheel off.
The conversion was done by myself but the electrics and the skylights were installed by professionals.
The Extras included in the price
* Set of foil insulators for the cab windows
* loads of alcohol fuel, that I bought for a long trip I couldn't take due to illness
* set of snow chains (which are required for many European roads)
* the set of drawers which are in the wardrobe. These are really nice Elfa ones, not lightweight IKEA ones
(It is not registered as a camper, because it doesn't have a side window. But people on forums have advised that is discretionary and the change will probably be allowed when it's so clearly a camper inside.)
Really interested - could you provide a link to some more pics please?