Jam Crack Live - Billy Ridal February 8 Sheffield

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Niall Grimes 01 Feb 2024

Jam Crack Live brings the spirit of Jam Crack Podcast to the stage, putting guests, host and audience in one beautiful space where the crack comes to life. The first of these for 2024 takes place in Sheffield.

BIlly Ridal blew the doors off the Bank of Possible last Autumn when he and partner Alex Waterhouse, two comp-honed trad virgins, set their eyes on The Nose on El Capitan, the greatest rock climb in the world. We followed their amazing story as they battled with logistics, skirmished with blankness and sparred with exposure to eventually top out. What a couple of heroes! It’s the best thing to happen in climbing for years.

Join Billy as he relives the experience (Alex now lives in the US so he can’t join us.)

As well as this there will be super cool films, lots of pointless banter that anyone used to Jam Crack will no doubt expect, and whatever other crack we can think of on the night. As an audience member, you can expect to be forced to join in somehow.

The event takes place at Sheffield’s Hideaway. Doors open well in advance of the talks so come along, chill, chat and meet and make friends. You know the crack.

Tickets here

https://www.trybooking.com/uk/events/landing/52268?

PaulJepson 02 Feb 2024
In reply to Niall Grimes:

I like The Hideaway and will probably be there but I didn't think it was a very good venue for this sort of thing. Went to watch Johnnys film there last year and it just doesn't have the layout for talks/screenings. It ended up with one table (JD & his merry men, obvs) having front-row seats, a couple of tables behind them who have their view totally blocked, a couple of people laying on the floor in front, and then crowds of people stood either side, craning their necks to try and see. 

OP Niall Grimes 02 Feb 2024
In reply to PaulJepson:

Hi Paul, point taken.

I have done a couple of shows there already (Paul Pritch and an Everest thing) and while I know it's not perfect in that respect I didn't feel that people were missing the show. But obviously I take your point on board.

The other thing is it's really hard to find venues that have a sense of intimacy that I look for, and I think Hideaway has it. And the people who run it are really nice.

I guess it's a matter of weighing up all these factors.

Any other venue suggestion in mind for Sheffield?

PaulJepson 02 Feb 2024

I'm not super familiar with current venues in Sheffield (used to go to punk gigs at the Cricketers 15 years ago!) but anywhere that puts on gigs would be fine I imagine. Do they still do stuff at the back room of The Lescar? Bit boujie since it got done up, mind. 

A lot of the DIY punk type venues now seem to be members clubs that would put people off or non-profits that would put promoters off. Are there any pubs with 'back rooms' or 'upstairs' where people drink cans and bands get paid petrol money? 

OP Niall Grimes 03 Feb 2024
In reply to PaulJepson: Ten bob to come in

Mick B 04 Feb 2024

Any other venue suggestion in mind for Sheffield?

How about the smaller screenrooms at the Showroom which are available for hire?

OP Niall Grimes 06 Feb 2024
In reply to Mick B:

They lack the social / atmosphere element which is more than 50% of it for me.

Hideaway's great. It will be great.

Or your money back and that's a promise *

* This is not a promise

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...