Why are my ukc photos sideways?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ebdon 06 Feb 2018

I uploaded some photos to ukc last night and the thumbnails are 90 degrees out. anyone know why this is and can I fix it?

James Rushforth Global Crag Moderator 06 Feb 2018
In reply to ebdon:

I think you just need to force refresh your browser. Your images look fine to me, but thumbnails and otherwise. 

Blue Straggler 06 Feb 2018
In reply to James Rushforth:

When I looked, at around 5pm, pics 2 and 3 had sideways thumbnails, all others were fine. Now all thumbnails are fine (I am viewing on a different computer now to when I looked at 5pm)

Mike-W-99 06 Feb 2018
In reply to ebdon:

Your right.

In safari & firefox they look ok but in chrome theres some weirdness going on. I don't think its interpreting the exif data correctly?

I've done some work on this before and some cameras can put duff info in at times which developers need to work around.

Post edited at 19:46
 FactorXXX 06 Feb 2018
In reply to Blue Straggler:

> When I looked, at around 5pm, pics 2 and 3 had sideways thumbnails, all others were fine. Now all thumbnails are fine (I am viewing on a different computer now to when I looked at 5pm)

They're upside down on my PC.

SouthernSteve 06 Feb 2018
In reply to ebdon:

Did you submit them the right way around or did you rely on the photo moderator to do this for you as about 5% of people do!

OP ebdon 06 Feb 2018
In reply to SouthernSteve:

They were the right way round originally, honest! 

I shall put it down to IT weirdness and leave it as I'm too lazy to try to re-load them  

Simon Caldwell 07 Feb 2018
In reply to Mike-W-99:

For me in Chrome the thumbnails of "making the most of the 2017 summer" and "the one week of summer in the NW at Loch Tollaidh" are both sideways. The pics themselves are OK.

In IE the thumbs are right as well.

Mark Kemball 07 Feb 2018
In reply to Simon Caldwell:

Same for me...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...