Wild Swimming Questions and Answers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 canchon09 19 Jan 2022

I have a good video looking at the most asked questions when it comes to Wild Swimming 
Please check out my other wild Swimming videos and remember to like and Subscribe 👍 youtube.com/watch?v=tq4Zg1HonfU&

In reply to canchon09:

Is that what we used to call swimming?

summo 19 Jan 2022
In reply to canchon09:

You mean going to the lake for a dip? 

profitofdoom 19 Jan 2022
In reply to martinturnchapel:

> Is that what we used to call swimming?

Exactly. I went wild walking down the river this morning. Tomorrow I'm going wild shopping in TESCO. Then home for wild watching of a movie on TV

In reply to canchon09:

Is dogging wild f*cking?

Asking for a friend

mountainbagger 19 Jan 2022
In reply to canchon09:

I'd say swimming in a lake or river in the winter is pretty wild!

Just some feedback if you're open to it...I think you could record the face to camera stuff in a garage/shed or somewhere with some wetsuits and other equipment hanging up in the background, not the kitchen. Also you're kinda looking down to the camera which is a bit unsettling. Finally, some cutaways to people (or you) actually swimming or preparing to swim or just some stills of lakes and rivers might help to add interest to the video otherwise it's quite long to just be looking at the same shot (no offence!).

Maybe even better would be for you to be on location and talking through it at the same time as getting ready and going in.

Good for you for having a go and putting it out there on YouTube though 👍

Bottom Clinger 19 Jan 2022
In reply to canchon09:

The question most asked by my friends is: ‘has a pike ever nibbled your knob.’  Is this answered in your video?  

mike123 19 Jan 2022
In reply to canchon09: I’ve been wondering how you get power to the drinks machine for afterwards ? I have to have a steaming plastic cup of bovril or soup after a swim . I have a really long extension cable , would that help ?

Fat Bumbly2 19 Jan 2022
In reply to profitofdoom:

Wild shopping is going to the Market.

Tyler 19 Jan 2022
In reply to canchon09:

Cheers for that, it answered some of the questions I have

ALF_BELF 20 Jan 2022
In reply to canchon09:

Swimming outdoors is great, always has been.

But this whole 'wild swimming' thing that's on social media is just naff, dickheads going in for 3 minutes and thinking they're Wim Hof. 

toad 20 Jan 2022
In reply to Fat Bumbly2:

Wild shopping is wandering furtively round Boots in an oversized coat with extra large pockets

girlymonkey 20 Jan 2022
In reply to ALF_BELF:

Ah, but now that is "cold water therapy"! It has "healing powers"! (It just makes me cold! lol. I am waiting for the spring before I swim again, and that is with the wetsuit!)

mondite 20 Jan 2022
In reply to toad:

> Wild shopping is wandering furtively round Boots in an oversized coat with extra large pockets

I thought it was going to the local asda on black friday.

Baron Weasel 20 Jan 2022
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

> The question most asked by my friends is: ‘has a pike ever nibbled your knob.’  Is this answered in your video?  

30 pounder! Big bait = Big fish

Wingnut 20 Jan 2022
In reply to canchon09:

I did some Wild Working this morning! Seriously, I did it in just my underwear ....

In reply to profitofdoom:

> Exactly. I went wild walking down the river this morning. Tomorrow I'm going wild shopping in TESCO. Then home for wild watching of a movie on TV

Oh come on thats harsh. You know wild shopping is going to an outdoor market

Baron Weasel 21 Jan 2022
In reply to martinturnchapel:

> Is that what we used to call swimming?

The wife and I have become increasingly minimalist and call it skinny dipping these days. For the larger person I understand the correct parlance is 'chunky dunking.'

wintertree 21 Jan 2022
In reply to girlymonkey:

> Ah, but now that is "cold water therapy"! It has "healing powers"! (It just makes me cold! lol. I am waiting for the spring before I swim again, and that is with the wetsuit!)

There's a little known waterfall not so far from here - it's only a one meter fall, but very high volume.  Sitting under it works absolute wonders for the muscles in my back and shoulders.  A proper pummelling.  If we get a warm spell in March or April I'll be In like Flynn.

Tringa 21 Jan 2022
In reply to toad:

I thought wild shopping was going to Waitrose with an Aldi carrier bag.

Dave

Bottom Clinger 21 Jan 2022
In reply to Baron Weasel:

> 30 pounder! Big bait = Big fish

30 pounder!  That’s one helluva big ‘bait’ !  Surprised it fits in your speedos.

Post edited at 10:58
 Baron Weasel 21 Jan 2022
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

> 30 pounder!  That’s one helluva big ‘bait’ !  Surprised it fits in your speedos.

^^ See later comment ^^

Ian W 21 Jan 2022
In reply to Tringa:

> I thought wild shopping was going to Waitrose with an Aldi carrier bag.

> Dave

Or Aldi with a Waitrose bag......

deepsoup 21 Jan 2022
In reply to Ian W:

> Or Aldi with a Waitrose bag......

Nobody in Aldi cares what colour the bag is.  The wild ride begins when you pack it slowly and methodically at the till instead of heading on over to the shelf of shame.

Bottom Clinger 21 Jan 2022
In reply to Baron Weasel:

Dear Chunky: I’ve wrote a poem based on what you told me about why you like swimming in lakes n stuff. It’s for you dude. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...