Thanks…

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Bottom Clinger 01 Jan 2024

…. to you lot, and a Happy New Year.  UKC is brilliant. Love the warmth, the knowledge, the debate. 

Regards, Mick. 

Bobling 02 Jan 2024
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

And thank you for all the birding threads!

Billhook 02 Jan 2024

And to you too!  Keep the wildlife photos coming.  Its nice to know that there are other wildlife watchers out there - or here on UKC

D

Rob Exile Ward 02 Jan 2024

Yes thanks to you for your posts - inspirational.

I'm a wildlife watcher too - I just don't manage to see anything

deepsoup 02 Jan 2024

And thank you, for all the wildlife pics and for generally being a good egg.

I see you still have a 'supporter' badge - you still have your photo posting privileges I hope?
(The supporter scheme has ended now, so non Rockfax subscribers have been unceremoniously given the boot and can't post pics any more.)

Duncan Bourne 02 Jan 2024

You're welcome

Happy new year

Babika 02 Jan 2024

Thanks for the footie posts as well!

Your enthusiasm is infectious!

Happy bird and other wildlife watching new year.

I’ve learnt a lot from your postings and like seeing your photos. Hope you keep them going.

UKC is certainly an interesting place for the breadth of knowledge and interests so thanks to all.

In reply to deepsoup:

> (The supporter scheme has ended now, so non Rockfax subscribers have been unceremoniously given the boot and can't post pics any more.)

That’s not the intention as far as I know. Photo posting is to be made available to all foc, but this may take time to change over. Those who have a supporters subscription that is still current can still post photos.

This was the email statement I received - “We're retiring our UKC Supporter plan, making all perks available to all users for free in the coming weeks.”

deepsoup 02 Jan 2024
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

> That’s not the intention as far as I know.

I guess the intention probably was to 'roll out' the photo posting privileges to all users before the end of 2023, but as it turned out they didn't get around to it.  (That would have required the number of 'coming weeks' mentioned in that email to be less than 6.)

Yesterday I could still post a photo, today I can't.  Maybe that's just me, but I think it's probably everyone who was happy to chip in £20 but not £50 annual subscription.  Unless you know different?

Anyway, as long as BC can still post the wildlife pics it's all good.

Post edited at 10:50
In reply to deepsoup:

> Unless you know different?

Nope! Only info in the email, and what’s visible online in my account.

My supporters’ sub is still valid to early next month though (by virtue of the admin assigned eligibility to Rockfax for free until the expiry date). Maybe I’ll be stopped posting photos then if it not yet then available to all (I don’t have a “normal” Rockfax sub), but my reading is everyone will get to post photos and it is not connected to paying for a Rockfax sub in future.

If you check your supporters’ sub expiry date, and it expired yesterday, then I guess it is a delay/glitch in implementation of photo posting for all. 

deepsoup 02 Jan 2024
In reply to Climbing Pieman:

> Nope!

What I meant was there's no way for me to be sure if it's everybody or just me.  But if you're on the cheaper subscription and haven't been given the boot, then you do know better than I.

I'm pretty sure I signed up in the Spring of 2020, as many of us did, cheerfully chipping in to help keep UKC afloat through the pandemic so I'm not sure how my expiry date came to be New Year's Eve without that happening en masse, but apparently it did.  Ho hum.

abr1966 02 Jan 2024

Happy New Year Mick...best wishes to you and yours. Thanks for your well considered and informed posts....it keeps UKC an interesting and good forum....there are plenty of good and honest people on here and best wishes to all...

SNC 04 Jan 2024

And thank you, as well.

ThunderCat 04 Jan 2024

> …. to you lot, and a Happy New Year.  UKC is brilliant. Love the warmth, the knowledge, the debate. 

> Regards, Mick. 

An amazing source of support and kindness all around, especially at a few particular low 'life' points earlier on in the year.  Warmth, support and generosity literally brought me to tears several times (and it's having the same effect now just thinking about it)

That people can be so amazing and generous to a complete internet stranger bends my head.

You're a great bunch.  I wish you all a fantastic 2024

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...