T&Cs changed without notice; no more refunds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 rockwing 26 May 2020

I have made a booking with an entertainment company for a stag do in the UK. The T&Cs I received at the time of the booking state I can get a full refund if I give 28 days notice.

As the wedding has now been delayed a year, I want to cancel the booking. Said company are no longer answering the phone, will not reply to emails and have stopped posting on social media. They have simply added to their website that "they have changed their T&Cs, and can only offer a voucher for bookings that cannot be completed; no refunds."

They have not sent me an email saying they've changed their T&Cs, and as I'm approaching the 28-day period, it's getting frustrating. The booking was made by credit card (£500) so I'm content I could claim in the future if the company do go bust, but do I have to accept a voucher in lieu of a refund? I would most likely be using said venue next year anyway, however I would much rather have £500 in my bank account than theirs.

Roadrunner6 26 May 2020
In reply to rockwing:

The money is just likely not there. With most weddings facing similar issues they are probably screwed. Poor of them to not be more transparent but I think we have to accept some losses. I’ve entered well over $1000 worth of races, it’s just one of those things. Most races are giving something back but they’ll still have had expenses.

Neil Williams 26 May 2020
In reply to rockwing:

I don't see why they could unilaterally change T&C like that.

However, if everyone asks for a refund, they'll collapse.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...