Swiftqueue - Yeah right

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

OK what a total pile of shite this app is for booking covid jabs .

Convoluted , un-necessarily bloated , ill though out and difficult to read for some older people.

I bet this was knocked together by some friend of a lord or part of Boz's team 

Rant over.  

CT

Bob Kemp 03 Feb 2021
In reply to Archmagos_Dominus:

I can tell this has needled you...

In reply to Bob Kemp:

> I can tell this has needled you..

Very good.  

Yeah just a bit . It's not for me, but my mother.  

Got a message saying book online from the surgery.  Now spent over a day refreshing the page and no appointments available.  I'm having to do it for her as she's not computer literate. 

Surgery won't pick up either after sending a message about a prescription yesterday to her too.

God damn awful. 

I'm doing this while my idiot brother takes the piss as he's a covid denier , flat earther type right wing tw*t.

Post edited at 16:01
 Mark Kemball 03 Feb 2021

How very annoying. I hope the good rant has helped improve your mood.

In reply to Mark Kemball:

> How very annoying. I hope the good rant has helped improve your mood.

Somewhat.

What would is getting an appointment for her sorted .  

It's not good having a sibling actively work against her best interests . 

He forgets .  If something happens to her,  nobody will visit him again if he lands himself back in prison.

CT

Post edited at 16:18
 spenser 03 Feb 2021

When I had to get some blood tests done back in September I was asked to use Swiftqueue, it all worked pretty smoothly other than needing to check a couple of the different hospitals nearby to find a free appointment, it wasn't immediately obvious that I would need to do this from what I remember.

It may have fallen on its backside due to demand (wouldn't be the greatest surprise), on the off chance that you are making the same mistake I did is it giving you the option to check other venues?

elsewhere 03 Feb 2021
In reply to spenser:

> It may have fallen on its backside due to demand (wouldn't be the greatest surprise), on the off chance that you are making the same mistake I did is it giving you the option to check other venues?

How right you are!

Never heard of it so I Googled it:

Fatal error: Uncaught PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000 ...

www.swiftqueue.co.uk › ...

... [1040] Too many connections in /var/www/uk.swiftqueue.co.uk/externals/sq_external/vendor/vendor/illuminate/database/Connectors/Connector.php:70 Stack ...

It actually works now but was down when Google spider visited.

I know somebody having the same problem on the German system making a booking for his parents who don't use internet.

Fundamentally online only is not suitable for many people who need healthcare.

Post edited at 16:32
In reply to spenser:

The only venue they offer is the velodrome in Derby regardless of your surgery. 

Always no appointments

Post edited at 16:34
 John Gresty 03 Feb 2021

As Spenser has just commented. It worked very well for me several months ago. also booking a blood test. Yesterday I got a text informing me to go for my Covid jab. Both and my wife got booked in, very easy for myself as already registered on Swiftqueue and slightly longer for my wife as she had to start from scratch. Both of us got our jabs this mornings. Similiar experience for several other folk we know, who got texted yesterday, booked in and got the jab today.

Worked well for us.

John

> OK what a total pile of shite this app is for booking covid jabs .

> Convoluted , un-necessarily bloated , ill though out and difficult to read for some older people.

> I bet this was knocked together by some friend of a lord or part of Boz's team 

> Rant over.  

> CT

3rd day of trying.  

FFS

marsbar 04 Feb 2021

Have you tried at different times of day?  

spenser 04 Feb 2021

Sounds like you're not making the error I made then, I hope you get the issue sorted out.

In reply to marsbar:

I've been trying every hour for almost 3 days 

Always no appointments available come back later and check when more have been released

In reply to spenser:

> Sounds like you're not making the error I made then, I hope you get the issue sorted out.

Thanks Spenser.

I hope you are doing ok .

CT

marsbar 04 Feb 2021

That's so annoying 

In reply to marsbar:

> That's so annoying 

Yes.  All her friends have now had them.  So I'm very irrate .  

Had my brother ear bashing me again about the whole thing.  Sick of it . 

elliot.baker 04 Feb 2021

That doesn't sound right there are 1000s of locations across the country I thought.

This article states there are 17 across Derby/Derbyshire

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/locations-covid-vaccine-ce...

Not sure who you can check with though if you can't contact the surgery.

marsbar 04 Feb 2021

Just checking, are you using this link? 

https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

If not then try this one. 

marsbar 04 Feb 2021

Sending you a message with a phone number to try

In reply to marsbar:

> Sending you a message with a phone number to try

Thanks. 

My mum managed about and hour ago to speak to someone at the sister surgery practice.  They were very helpful and said there are no more slots and they have been told not to book for patients that call in until next week.  

☹️

dread-i 04 Feb 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

>... [1040] Too many connections in /var/www/uk.swiftqueue.co.uk/externals/sq_external/vendor/vendor/illuminate/database/Connectors/Connector.php:70 Stack ...

So its a linux box. Probably running a local database e.g. not clustered over multiple machines, or not set up to dynamically expand with load. I'd guess at MariaDB or Postgres.

If its giving out verbose errors like that, is useful to hackers.

Their platform is cloud based, hosted on Amazon, so there is no need to have a physical presence. They are using a cheap UK based hosting and mailing platform. This is not bad in itself, except that the .co.uk mail serves listed in dns don't answer. Their .com mail server is google. I expect if one wanted to mail their ceo, his name is all over the news, it would be some variant of first.last@

In reply to John Gresty:

Yes, it worked fine and easily for me too.

marsbar 04 Feb 2021

I thought they were doing people at pride park?  

Anyway hope you get it sorted soon.

In reply to marsbar:

> I thought they were doing people at pride park?  

> Anyway hope you get it sorted soon.

Yes you have to book online , the surgery send you a message to do it online .

You select which surgery your from and the location is a pride park .

The surgery might have done this for her as she was struggling but there are no more places as the surgery has said they were told not to go online until Monday now.   They aren't expecting any more slots until then.

marsbar 04 Feb 2021

That's different to what's happening elsewhere. 

Elsewhere it's just use the link and they assign you to a random destination.  

In reply to marsbar:

Mine was at Derby Pride Park (in the velodrome) - my doctor is on outskirts of Derby. (If my doctor was in Belper where I live, it would be at the Babington Hospital.) They must have done upwards of 2000 last Saturday in Derby. All very well organised.

Neil Williams 04 Feb 2021
In reply to marsbar:

TBH I'm kind of surprised you don't just get told when and where.  It's important enough that you really should drop everything to go when called.  It's not like "choose and book" for routine appointments.

Post edited at 17:24
In reply to Gordon Stainforth:

> Mine was at Derby Pride Park (in the velodrome) - my doctor is on outskirts of Derby. (If my doctor was in Belper where I live, it would be at the Babington Hospital.) They must have done upwards of 2000 last Saturday in Derby. All very well organised.

Everyone of my mums friends and my Aunt have now been to Pride park and had it done . 

Hence I'm very upset my mums not been able until probably next week now.

Everyone has said its well organised and my mother took my Aunt today.  She asked there and they said go online .  That's when she phoned the surgery again.

In reply to Neil Williams:

> TBH I'm kind of surprised you don't just get told when and where.  It's important enough that you really should drop everything to go when called.  It's not like "choose and book" for routine appointments.

My thinking really. Or they give you a choice of 3 times and then allocate one of those for you.  a little choice but with wiggle room.

Post edited at 17:26

I just booked a time slot that was still available, and that was it. They were running a bit behind, but not much, and said the times were not so important, it was a way of regulating the number of people arriving per hour. As I say, all just fine, with everyone working hard to make it flow as well as possible. One of the more impressive things I've seen recently in the UK, frankly.

Just checked with her and now they offer times and dates from Monday onwards .  

All age restricted over 70's , 

Why , why offer them to her she's 66.   Its a computer it should know this .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...