Snowboarding

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Afternoon , 

It's been activity week here at work and I've just got back from 3 x 2 hour sessions of learning to snowboard with the students at Tamworth snowdome.

It went from ending Tuesday thinking I'm really not sure if I can do this I've a seriously sore arse and I'm rubbish at it , to ending Wednesday thinking I've managed a couple of runs on my toe edge and heel edge , keep with it . 

Today falling once in all of the 2 hours and being able to toe edge , heel edge and do my turn successfully.

It was ace .  

I'm already looking at some second hand snowboards online .

Its something I've always wanted to try (being a ex skateboarder)

I'm really glad I volunteered for the trip.  

I'm buzzing from the accomplishment.

Oceanrower 18 Jul 2019
In reply to Chive Talkin\':

Excllent. I'm pleased for you. Sometimes it's hard to take the first step into doing something new.

Post edited at 13:12
In reply to Oceanrower:

> Excllent. I'm pleased for you. Sometimes it's hard to take the first step into doing something new.

Thank you.

The temptation to give up Wednesday was very strong , I was very sore (actually I still am).  Thankfully the instructors were very encouraging.

kolkrabe 18 Jul 2019

Buzzing for you! I remember learning to snowboard after my girlfriend at the time bought me a snowboarding lesson at an indoor slope for my birthday. I was terrible at skiing when I tried it at school and thought I'd suffer the same fate on a board. After a rocky start I got the hang of it and it's honestly been one of the best things I've learned to do. In the 12 years since then I've had some of the best days out in the hills & best holidays abroad while snowboarding.

Welcome to the club!

Post edited at 13:57
 marsbar 18 Jul 2019

Fantastic.  Great fun. I spend more time on my bum than feet,  but it's still fun.  

Wrist protection is a good idea.  

LastBoyScout 18 Jul 2019

Nearly got thrown out of Tamworth for jumping when I wasn't supposed to - oh, you mean >those< lights...!

Oddly, most of my friends seem to have gone from boarding to skiing, in the search of ski touring. I try and get a bit of both in on trips, depending on weather and party competencies.

JoshOvki 18 Jul 2019

Have you managed to catch a toe edge and stacked it so hard your head vibrates yet? I spent my first 2 days falling over, then got progressively better. Last trip I went on I caught a toe edge on the first day and stacked it hard. Was fine for the rest of the trio, loved being offpiest. Then the last day I hit a hard bit of ice without slack knees and buggered up a knee (a few weeks before an ultra marathon).

I love snowboarding!!

In reply to JoshOvki:

> Have you managed to catch a toe edge and stacked it so hard your head vibrates yet?

Not yet thankfully. If you mean landing on my head.

My backside is still sore today and my forearms are still shot from bracing when I fell. So I cant climb or do much still today.

> I love snowboarding!!

It does feel super amazing .

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...